Thank you, Driver!!!

1958 F.W.D.

don't see that at all on I90, the New York Thruway when we are out there picking up a standed car or tractor trailer. wish I had a paintball gun sometimes to tag cars as the go by and they could get ticketed when they exit. I actually threw gas and a can down the side of a guys car the other day when the shit bad didn't move over when I was tryin to help a motorist. the boss has lost a pair of visegrips before also, ended up right threw someones windshield....

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

1 hour ago, Maddog13407 said:

don't see that at all on I90, the New York Thruway when we are out there picking up a standed car or tractor trailer. wish I had a paintball gun sometimes to tag cars as the go by and they could get ticketed when they exit. I actually threw gas and a can down the side of a guys car the other day when the shit bad didn't move over when I was tryin to help a motorist. the boss has lost a pair of visegrips before also, ended up right threw someones windshield....

I was on a pump panel one night at a house fire and launched a spanner wrench at a guy's windshield when he busted through a fire line and ran over my supply line. Imagine the look on his face when the cops not only told him they were NOT going to arrest me, but they were giving HIM a $400 ticket. So he says "ok I'll just sue that fire department." Only one problem- the firetruck I was riding on said "US Navy" on the side of it.....The cops said "yeah good luck with that." 

Edited by 1958 F.W.D.
  • Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

9 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

I was on a pump panel one night at a house fire and launched a spanner wrench at a guy's windshield when he busted through a fire line and ran over my supply line. Imagine the look on his face when the cops not only told him they were NOT going to arrest me, but they were giving HIM a $400 ticket. So he says "ok I'll just sue that fire department." Only one problem- the firetruck I was riding on said "US Navy" on the side of it.....The cops said "yeah good luck with that." 

So that was you that broke my windshield and cost me $400!..you'll be hearing from my attorney!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Randy, Randy, Randy.. Using a cross over on the interstate with traffic moving in the other lane? You should know better. That's a sure formula to turn their emergency into your emergency.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

7 hours ago, fxfymn said:

Randy, Randy, Randy.. Using a cross over on the interstate with traffic moving in the other lane? You should know better. That's a sure formula to turn their emergency into your emergency.

It's either that or go to the next interchange which is a few more miles down the road. Standard operating procedure here. I don't have to like it but I do have to follow it. I have voiced my opinion several times and have suggested dispatching mutual aid companies coming from that direction but it is dismissed every time I bring it up. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

15 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

It's either that or go to the next interchange which is a few more miles down the road. Standard operating procedure here. I don't have to like it but I do have to follow it. I have voiced my opinion several times and have suggested dispatching mutual aid companies coming from that direction but it is dismissed every time I bring it up. 

I'm glad you know what you are doing is wrong, but by putting that in writing you may have just screwed yourself if an accident occurs while you continue to perform the same act.

The shortened response time is just not worth the risk to members or other drivers. I'd find it pretty hard to explain to a widow why her loved one was rear ended by a tractor trailer who tried to do an emergency stop because a fire truck came out of nowhere and crossed in front of him. Do they also allow red light running and grossly exceeding the speed limits? Same church, different pew.

I'd refuse to drive or ride OIC. I would not risk my personal financial well being to support an unsafe act. When the accident occurs you will be named in the law suit, and while immunity might eventually prevail you will still have to pay a large sum to defend yourself. It's just not worth it. And that's not even considering you might be injured and out of work.

This is an example of why I stopped volunteering. The organization I belonged to just didn't get it when it came to safe operation of their vehicles so I quit.

"Everyone goes home" is not just a slogan; every one of us must back it up with action to prevent an accident.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!