Sign in to follow this  
hunior

Looking to replace Mack hubcap

hunior    0

Hello Good People,

I need to replace one of my hubcaps on a 1948 MACK 505 hose wagon. Most of the post I found have been over 4 years old :-(. Not that I am a whizz at Blogs and or computers.   Also, does anyone make hydraulic brake wheel cylinder rebuild kits for a 1948 ??   Any help will be a blessing  .  Many Thanks   Hunior

20170904_122813.jpg

20170904_162233.jpg

41chevy    7,543

Napa sells / sold  rebuild kits. They are good here in Virginia especially for odd and older items so I  think you should be able to get a kit from most any NAPA

• Like 1

hunior    0

Thank you. I 'll check that out . I tried a couple years ago and they didn't have a specific kit for that year MACK. They were going to

measure the cylinders and their components. I was hoping some one might have made an after market kit ready to go. Thanks again:-)

41chevy    7,543

Thank you. I 'll check that out . I tried a couple years ago and they didn't have a specific kit for that year MACK. They were going to

measure the cylinders and their components. I was hoping some one might have made an after market kit ready to go. Thanks again:-)

Those are pretty standard Bendix units that fit a ton of trucks and some GM / Packard professional cars like hearses and limo's.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

j hancock    8,346

That style of chrome hubcap shows up every so often on fleabay.  

• Like 1

hunior    0

Thank you  Sir Jim. I didn't even know that site existed  . Thank you 41 Chevy for that info. I will check that out. You Guys Rock.