New fuel pump and 2 engine blown

Jade24

Hi! I may have a question for the experts here. We have a mack race truck with a v8 engine and a twin turbo setup. The team has changed the fuel pump for a better one and then we got two engine blown in less than 24hrs. We didn't opened them yet but both have lot of blow by and the first one got his oil pan terribly deformed. On the first one when it happened they had removed the fuel plate. On the second one they just gave it a little bit more fuel without removing the fuel plate. We have 2 experienced mechanic working on it and they don't understand what they could have made wrong. Does anyone may have an idea on what may have caused this? Any hit would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance!

P.s. sorry for my english, it's not my first language. 

Sorry to hear of the trouble. Are you racing in the USA if english is not your first language?

There is a lot more information needed to even get close to helping you. Fact is the deformed oil pan is from a broken rod, surprising there is no hole in the block. Blow by is piston, sleeve issues, could be to little oil or to much fuel, RPM's...

Are you talking about E9, V8's. What condition were the engines in, oil pressure, what RPM is the governor set at,boost pressure, maybe staged turbos, how long at full throttle? What type of racing are you doing?

Hope there are a few good spare engines to be had, parts are not that easy to come by and $$