Onwards and upwards!

I recently started using a paint line produced by PPG called ALK. $65-$85 a gallon, ready to spray, no reduction. I've tried it with and without a hardener (ALK201). Touch time is 30 minutes, longer with the hardener. Pot-life (paint in the gun, or closed container) is forever without the hardener; something like an hour with the hardener. 

So far I like it. Ready to spray (without a hardener) is a plus; pour it from the can into your gun and you're good to go.

I recently started using a paint line produced by PPG called ALK. $65-$85 a gallon, ready to spray, no reduction. I've tried it with and without a hardener (ALK201). Touch time is 30 minutes, longer with the hardener. Pot-life (paint in the gun, or closed container) is forever without the hardener; something like an hour with the hardener. 

So far I like it. Ready to spray (without a hardener) is a plus; pour it from the can into your gun and you're good to go.

Hhmm. I'll have to give that a try....nothing wrong with saving a buck.

Looks as impressive as hell!

And observing how blue pain is glancing along the tank side I see the amount of work spent for filling/sanding to get the surface fair straight.

Now the fresh paint paying back your efforts.

Mentioning the wheel issue your experience helped me recently to figure out the case of the same kind in a few seconds:)

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Finally got all the colors on over the weekend. Still have some buffing and polishing to do but pretty much done with the painting. Good thing I filled up the one tank compartment with compound and polish beforehand!  😉

The orange looks brighter in the pictures I noticed.

What type of gun do you use? I'm going to eventually have to buy one.

ya im the same way....start out looking for orange peel and sags.....they jump right out at you....bob

My motto is "Paint for five minutes, sand and buff for 50 minutes." I wish I could get better.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

lol...im pretty good at it..certainly not the best..my biggest problem is figuring out where to end the rows.....thats why these guys usually pull off everything....if its a car i usually open one of the doors and end the row at the quarter panel....then while your focusing on all these fancy manuovers....you notice your airline is rubbing against fresh paint:angry:...lol.bob

• Like 2

lol...im pretty good at it..certainly not the best..my biggest problem is figuring out where to end the rows.....thats why these guys usually pull off everything....if its a car i usually open one of the doors and end the row at the quarter panel....then while your focusing on all these fancy manuovers....you notice your airline is rubbing against fresh paint:angry:...lol.bob

I usually get a beetle or other big bug doing it's Death Valley crawl across the most visible area of the vehicle,  like the hood or truck..

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Well it's really not a laughing matter but yes it is funny to hear other stories as I mentioned I think that's about happened to all of us I spray a lot here and Sun Valley but I do it first thing in the morning summertime they don't seem to come out till around 9:30 or 10 daylight to them seem to be in pretty good shape...bob

Well it's really not a laughing matter but yes it is funny to hear other stories as I mentioned I think that's about happened to all of us I spray a lot here and Sun Valley but I do it first thing in the morning summertime they don't seem to come out till around 9:30 or 10 daylight to them seem to be in pretty good shape...bob

In all seriousness, I think the booth has cooler air from it's dehumidifier and that is a bug magnet. But I bought it at a body shop auction so I live with it. Virginia has some paint lovin bugs though.. When my shop is fully finished I'll make an air lock type set of plastic doors for it.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 9/9/2017 at 11:01 PM, mowerman said:

Why not just leave it in there till it drys.thats what I used to do.... when I lived in L.A . I used to rent a booth .. quite a bit....in Los Feliz  I would book the last one at night shoot and then just lock up and come back in the morning....bob

I usually do that except on my R hood. I painted over a cicada and it stayed there for more than a year as a conversation piece before it's tiny legs gave up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

You know I actually haven't had that happen since I was spraying with rattle bombs as a kid back east but yes it is very irritating especially when you do a really trick job then you've got hitchhikers free loading on your nice work how to go back to work haven't much time to be on here wife is in Boston visiting her daughter and grandbabies no I have to do my layover run and come back here and hold down the fort....bob