Perspective...

RowdyRebel

god love ya,,,,,have a ball......with the infant and congraduations.....every guy wants boys.....but girls are more fun///////   bob

Just remember with a boy you only have one pecker to worry about, with a girl you have hundreds 😁.  I told that to. A close friend of mine who was making a case for girls being easier to raise. He told me he'll never get a good nights sleep again until she's married. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

No, it's my dad's middle name and her dad's middle name.  My dad was honored...9th grandbaby and the 1st one named after him.  I'll try to find a Mack shirt or something for the little guy...maybe a little stuffed bulldog, too.  Most of the outfits we've bought up to this point have been "gender neutral" because we didn't know what we were having (other than "a baby", which was my response whenever asked if we knew what we were having) until it popped out.  Now that I know he's a he, I can find him some little guy clothes.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Congrats, Rowdy!!

We didn't find out the sex of all four of ours until they made their appearance. And we wouldn't have done it any other way. The wife's mom (who is a bit high maintenance.......) was FURIOUS we didn't find out the sex. She was so determined to find out that she even told my wife to call the Dr Office and tell them to tell her the sex and she "wouldn't tell." 

And well done with the names. Ours are named after people too.
Cody Richard (after my Grandfather, Richard Yardumian.....Google that name if you are bored sitting in the hospital room....) 

Shane Julius (Julius after her Grandfather)

Casey Joseph (Joseph after a very very close friend of mine who was a retired firefighter in Camden, NJ....he was a mentor and a rock star to me. He died from cancer but lived long enough to not only hold his namesake, but to also see him take his very first steps in his house down in the Outer Banks of NC....)

And the Princess......Josephine Ruth (Josephine after the wife's grandmom and Ruth after my Grandmom....)

Hope everyone is doing well. What is his name? And 1958F.W.D. is a good name, just saying..........

Edited by 1958 F.W.D.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

congrats Rowdy. soon you will have him trailing you in the shop. "Watcha doin' Dad? Why? What does this do? Why?"

buy him a grease gun for his third birthday

• Like 2

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Well, today is the big day!  Brought home the shirt the boy had on yesterday for the dogs to sniff on a bit...let 'em out last night when I got home from visiting at the hospital, fed them, and passed out on the couch.  Woke up around 2 and said "Oh, $#!+" because I hadn't given Dozer his insulin shot...so I did that and then passed out again.  Couple real long days...not just long hours, but highly eventful, too...just draining.  Not to mention not sleeping too well with the wife & kid still held hostage at the hospital...some test she was supposed to have done at her scheduled doctors appointment on Wednesday that she never made it to because baby came instead.  So, they tested baby and results take 48 hours...can't leave without those results.  So I've been running back and forth taking care of things and getting as much time with them as I can...and delivered that load yesterday since they were looking for it.  Got a few things left to take care of before I head back into town again, and don't plan on leaving without them again.

Nurses there are all real nice, though...friendly &

Update:  In the middle of typing all of that my wife just called.  Apparently he's a little jaundiced so while they are discharging mom, baby is going to be kept for a little while longer.  Our friends had the same issue with their kid...goes under a blue light for a while that does something or other to help fix the problem.  After seeing that with them a year ago and how their kid turned out, I'm not too concerned right now.  I was just looking forward to getting the little guy home and now that's going to be delayed another day or two.  He's also not really eating much, likely still has amneotic fluid in his stomach that doesn't really digest, but the wife says he was burping and coughed a bit up earlier and they sucked some out that he was struggling with getting up on his own.  Hopefully he got rid of enough to make room in his stomach to start eating, because that'll also help with the jaundice. 

Anyway, got stuff to do 'round here before I head to town and that ain't gonna get done sitting here typing on my phone.  REALLY not looking forward to getting this bill...but pretty sure it'll be worth it in the long run.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Apparently he's a little jaundiced so while they are discharging mom, baby is going to be kept for a little while longer.  Our friends had the same issue with their kid...goes under a blue light for a while that does something or other to help fix the problem.  

The "Billy Reuben" lights. No big deal, I think it happened with at least 2 of 4 of the herd. Nothing to sweat about, very typical. SWMBO is a NICU Nurse and she deals with the worst of the worst....I showed her your post and she said you have nothing to worry about Dad. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Well, another night alone at the house.  The little guy was doing MUCH better by the time I got there.  They are "supplementing" his diet...mom feeds him as much as he'll eat, then bottle feed a little more...and so I got to participate in a couple feedings and he's definitely got more of an appetite.  Apparently, he coughed up a lot of stuff from his stomach...making room for more milk...and eating more also helps.  Never needed the light, just more food intake.  Already trying to roll over...got onto his side to watch momma & poppa eat THEIR cold dinner.  Don't think I've had a hot meal since he was born.  Always one thing or another...visitors in the room, baby's feeding time, etc...pushes our dinner off for a bit.  It's all good, though.  We've got the ferrier coming out to the farm at 2:30 tomorrow, and hopefully the wife and kid will be with me when I head up that way to tend to that.  Of course then we'll have to make the rounds at the antique stores where we've been acquiring a lot of the furniture we've got in the house.  The people that run them have all been excited for us when the pregnancy was announced and as it has progressed...only seems right to introduce the little guy around town.  Of course next weekend there is a truck & tractor pull and a crash-em-up derby to attend...he'll have an exciting first couple of weeks, arriving just in time for the district fair...heck, even Charlie Daniels is going to be there Wednesday night, but whether or not we can go to that depends on how late I work and how early of a start I'll need to get in the morning.  Just gotta find some ear protection so we don't overwhelm his tender little ears.  Our neighbor will have a couple cars in the crash-em-up derby...not really a fan of the "county fair" style of battle, but whatever.  Always more fun to cheer on a friend, though, so we'll see.  It'll be nice having the wife home on the weekends when I'm home for the next few months...I can pretty much count those weekends since we've been married with fingers left over.  Only redeeming factor about her work schedule is that when she does eventually return to work, there are only 2 days one of us isn't going to hav the day off.  Just got to find a babysitter for those 2 days by mid-December.  Fun.

• Like 1

Well, REALLY not looking forward to getting this bill.  Still don't have him home.  They decided to go ahead & put him under the smurf lights today.  Didn't get much time with them because I had to step out to handle business with the ferrier and run a couple more errands, and the time I WAS there, he was under the light.  Good news is the cradle is ready for the kid.  Bad news is he's still not here to sleep in it.  Maybe tomorrow.

On a positive note, we DID find some ear muff style hearing protectors for him to wear the next couple weekends at the fair.  Will feel better about taking him to the grandstand events if I'm not worried about the noise and his tiny little ears.

IMG_20170902_2044503.jpg

Edited by RowdyRebel

Congrats, Rowdy!!

We didn't find out the sex of all four of ours until they made their appearance. And we wouldn't have done it any other way. The wife's mom (who is a bit high maintenance.......) was FURIOUS we didn't find out the sex. She was so determined to find out that she even told my wife to call the Dr Office and tell them to tell her the sex and she "wouldn't tell." 

And well done with the names. Ours are named after people too.
Cody Richard (after my Grandfather, Richard Yardumian.....Google that name if you are bored sitting in the hospital room....) 

Shane Julius (Julius after her Grandfather)

Casey Joseph (Joseph after a very very close friend of mine who was a retired firefighter in Camden, NJ....he was a mentor and a rock star to me. He died from cancer but lived long enough to not only hold his namesake, but to also see him take his very first steps in his house down in the Outer Banks of NC....)

And the Princess......Josephine Ruth (Josephine after the wife's grandmom and Ruth after my Grandmom....)

Hope everyone is doing well. What is his name? And 1958F.W.D. is a good name, just saying..........

What?!! you mean their names aren't really Large, Medium, Small, and Extra Small? I never knew.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.