Diagnostics

Hello everyone, I'm here to learn a few things about newer Mack trucks and possibly share some things that I know about truck repair also. In the modern age I was working on Cummins Select when we simply had some hefty books and a multi meter. 

My question is if the Cummins Insight is used for Mack ECM diagnosis ? I have been in a closed shop environment with lots of Cummins and now Detroit but want to know if Mack has their own platform. 

Thanks your comments would be appreciated 

Mack/Volvo has their own code reader/diagnostic program. It started out as VCADS and now called Premium Tech Tool. On Volvos and Macks with Cummings engines you must use Insite for engine and emissions repair. Starting in 2008 all the diagnostic repair info is loaded on VCADS/Tech Tool. There are no books anymore on troubleshooting. There is a engine repair manual for the 2008 emissions MP engine but for the 2010 emissions year and after it's all in Tech Tool/ Impact. Tech Tool will work all the way back to 1992 VMAC 1 engines but is super slow.