carlotpilot    1,014

this is kind of aimed at tractor& truck pulling participants   what would be the max hp out of a dt 466 mech.intl. eng . possible and be able to keep it together and not burn it down?

Hobert62    500

Local guy has one in a 560 farmall that he stretched the front  of tractor to make fit.    Doesn't use ita lot  but blows fire out the stack and looks cool.  

carlotpilot    1,014

we have a 4 axle bridge inspection rig with a 466 that is barely able to get out of its own smoke  i`m trying to figure out how to pep it up some with out killing it

HeavyGunner    1,316

I ran a floater truck with a 466. It was no powerhouse but it was very reliable and took the lickin that comes along with a floater truck. 

theakerstwo    622

A DT was a good engine for just what it was built for and if you start jacking with it your going to have to be careful about over fueling it.Its a small cube engine and the fuel pump can put out more than is safe if you start setting it up/

Flat Work    8

We had a mid-80's International 5488 tractor that had the intercooled DT-466B engine. I believe it was 175 hp from the factory. The local dealership mechanic turned some screws on the injector pump. He said that brought it up to about 215-220 hp. It made a heck of difference. The tractor held it fine- nothing broke.

It was a very reliable engine. Even after turning it up, we never had any issues with it.