Sign in to follow this  
JAG_85

95 CH 613 E7 350

Question

JAG_85    0

I have a 95 Mack with a E7 350 that since I purchased has had to be primed every morning before it'll start. If I turn it off for an hour or two it doesn't give me much trouble. Before recently that was the only problem, it ran like a champ. Now it all of a sudden started surging rpms when i hammer down, empty, on an incline, or when loaded, causing the rpms to ramp, but no extra power. I can't even climb the ramp in the quarry without dropping to 2nd or 3rd gear, when id be able to take it in 5th given I had momentum. It shakes if I shift quickly, I have to ease off and let it "catch up". I'm changing the fuel filters tomorrow, but I was told the likely suspect is fuel injectors? Anyone else have a similar problem?

4 answers to this question

Dirtymilkman    866

Possibly fuel filters. But could be injector pump or your vmac going bad. Btw, hot girlfriend!

Gregball    1

I'm by no means a expert but I did have a issue with a small hard plastic line that went from the head to behind the injector pump. It became brittle and started leaking fuel. Replaced it and solved the losing prime issue.

• Like 1

Start by Installing an In-line sight glass and pressure gauge at fuel line coming into pump. I Built a little 12" jumper to link into line. Watch for air bubbles and then monitor fuel pressure during running under load.

The line Gregball is talking about is a troublemaker. It goes to the elbow of the injection pump fuel-out via a little nipple. That motor likely has a restricted orifice to set fuel pressure, no overflow/ball/seat set-up. Any air leaks in a line are a syphon back issue.  

The little line should not affect the running though, you may have a couple issues.