Pictures of Mud Flaps & Hangers

I'm at the Mud Flap & Hanger stage for my B46 eMack and looking for pictures to get ideas. 

The picture below is what came with the truck: VERY basic, welded on, no lights...

The new color scheme will be Tonka Truck Yellow.

I'm considering three different hanger choices (all with a basic mud flap; maybe Tonka stenciled on the bottom)

1. Old school coiled spring hanger
  2. Straight bar - round, rectangular, or oval
  3. Straight rectangular bar with three lights

You guys have some pictures of your mud flaps, hangers, and hanger length? Seems like 30" long hangers would stick way out there - yes, no?

- Keith

Mud Flaps.png

I don't have flaps on mine yet but I see a lot of trucks where the outer edge of the flap lines up with the outside edge of the tires...this looks nice. You could measure from the frame rail to the outside of the tire to get a hanger length.

I agree with h67 the flaps should line up with the outer edge of tire, or stick out just past.

My opinion is a little off your topic but...if your gonna bobtail around or not have some type of body on the back frame your gonna want some type of full fender to keep the back of the cab protected from flying rocks.            I can remember underdog has plastic full fenders (I like), mine are aluminum, I think freightrain's are diamond plate, and some are stainless.   The plastic type ones you can get in a bunch of different colors.  

image.thumb.jpg.14545244e14f84694506225d9d1e5cf9.jpg

Edited by Hobert62
  • Like 2

I agree with h67 the flaps should line up with the outer edge of tire, or stick out just past.

My opinion is a little off your topic but...if your gonna bobtail around or not have some type of body on the back frame your gonna want some type of full fender to keep the back of the cab protected from flying rocks.            I can remember underdog has plastic full fenders (I like), mine are aluminum, I think freightrain's are diamond plate, and some are stainless.   The plastic type ones you can get in a bunch of different colors. 

Hobert, I like those fenders...where do you buy those?

Hobert, I like those fenders...where do you buy those?

Truck N Tow.com      I've bought chains, binders, and straps there too.  There prices are pretty good on stuff and if you sign up for emails they send a free shipping code out at the end of the month.

Fleet engineers is the brand of the fender.  When I mounted them I rolled the to the rear so they would meet my taillight brackets.  I wish they would be about 4" longer in the front, but I'm happy with them. I think next time I would go with the stainless version, or possibly the "plastic" ones.    The aluminum is a brushed finish.  

image.thumb.jpg.fc949a5f6055b3360438d65c06c129f7.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.20f4d2c483a6974f7d67bd40fc4e75e8.jpg

I got the stainless version made by I think Lifetime. they were $99 a piece just for the fender, I made my own brackets. have put two sets on my truck, one set had a run in with low trailer and an angled driveway while turnin. don't have that problem usually with 22.5's but I'm runnin 24.5's and you lose a lot of clearance

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg