Sign in to follow this  
880joe

Taper leaf springs

880joe    14

Does anybody make a 44000lb replacement spring  for taper leaf spring suspension. I was told that there was an aftermarket one available but haven't been able to find any

MHfred    205

Triangle, in Dubois, PA, supplied me a replacement leaf for 1954 White. I was amazed.

kscarbel2    2,770

Does anybody make a 44000lb replacement spring  for taper leaf spring suspension. I was told that there was an aftermarket one available but haven't been able to find any

What axles do you have ?

Freightrain    1,679

They show some front springs also.  I wonder if they have tapered leaf for the front of a B model?  Wouldn't that just be a FINE upgrade over that monster spring pack?

I was able to blow up the pictures and doesn't look like anything but stock springs.  Ugh.

Edited by Freightrain

880joe    14

I have st34 suspension I believe. I got ahold of Donovan Spring and pretty sure they have what I need. Thanks for the response and help

kscarbel2    2,770

You can upgrade 34,000lb Mack taperleaf (parabolic) springs to 38,000 taperleaf (4QK3368AM to 4QK3369AM). But you wouldn't want 44,000 capacity taperleaf springs (if even aftermarket available) on 34,000 capacity Mack (ST34) axles.

Timmyb    580

I have st34 suspension I believe. I got ahold of Donovan Spring and pretty sure they have what I need. Thanks for the response and help

Glad we could be of assistance. 

Can I ask how you like the taper leaf? Can you compare it to a standard camelback?

880joe    14

I only had the taper leaf on a couple of road trucks they seemed to ride pretty good and had good articulation in the truck stop parking lot pot holes. The ride is much better than the camel backs that I have had.

• Like 1