Mack Warranty

Ezrider

yeah im very close to the driven to murder part. prior to this whole ordeal i have been really happy with my Mack. to the point i was thinking in maybe another 5 years or so i might treat myself to a bran new ch. right at this moment i would not even consider owning another mack.

if we can get this thing right i see no reason why it should not give me at least another 5+ years of trouble free service outside of your normal old truck stuff. i would hope by this point they will be using a microscope on everything they touch and be sure that its right when they are done. 

• Like 1

well the [Mack] customer satisfaction number, gives no satisfaction. I called them first this morning, they essentially told me there is nothing they can/will do about it that i just need to handle it personally with the dealers involved.

then called the dealer that left all the metal in my engine and they didn't even try to deny it told me to get it over mack here and we would have to do the process again in reverse this time. Mack here is basically going to pull the pan clean it inspect everything and then go from there. and also diagnose the poor jake performance issue. 

Shocking..............call your lawyer !

It was a Mack corporate authorized dealer that failed to "properly" repair your Mack truck.

The dealer used genuine Mack brand parts.

Mack brand corporate is deeply involved in your whole affair and can not wash their hands of it.

(The former Mack Trucks would not have handled the phone call in such a manner, but that's another story.)

• Like 1

Shocking..............call your lawyer !

It was a Mack corporate authorized dealer that failed to "properly" repair your Mack truck.

The dealer used genuine Mack brand parts.

Mack brand corporate is deeply involved in your whole affair and can not wash their hands of it.

(The former Mack Trucks would not have handled the phone call in such a manner, but that's another story.)

well in there defense they asked me if i had yet contacted the dealer who left the metal in my engine my answer was no, because i had called them first. Their reply to that was essentially that they can't help me, that the issue needs to be resolved between me and the dealer. had my answer been yes and they refuse to do anything i may have gotten a completely different answer. 

my next call was to the mack dealer and at this point they have not denied any responsibility said that my truck should have never left like that and has authorized the home dealer to pull all the covers off and oil pan, and to also inspect the rods and mains. clean and inspect everything and then we will go from there based off what is found. they have not resisted anything yet.

if there is a dispute on anything i will probably go back to the customer satisfaction number again. they did take my information down vin of the truck my company info phone number ect. so i image it is recorded somewhere that i have contacted them. 

Hate to rag on someone else's work but doesn't the dealer or techs take the truck or for a quick test spin?  Sure seems like a 10 minute drive could save them a whole lot face and maybe keep a customer. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

well got the truck back today. seems guy 2 thought guy one had already done the overhead after having things back apart but guy 1 had not done that. so they ran the overhead jakes still seem a little weak for being bobtail but a lot better than they were. i don't drive bobtail much so i guess im not sure if they are normal till i get a load on it but they feel better anyway.