1936 Mack Jr

Bradman11

Does anyone know if the mack musuem can do a buyer search.  Being I don't have the vin, can I give them the year and town that purchased the truck new.  Would this be enough information for them to figure out which truck I'm referring too and be able to send the info they have as if I sent them the vin.

The truck was probably delivered through Mineola Mack, (they were on South Oyster Bay RD Bethpage until Gabrielli bought them out) maybe some old timer at Gabrielli MACK on the  north service road at the Medford exit on the LIE. Maybe some one might be able to come up with  VIN numbers or some part of the paper trail.   Paul. 

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 8 months later...

You can ask the Museum for the records for all Mack Jr's produced and sold, then comb through the pages till you find the buyer yourself and the vin will be attached. They do this for no charge, but I'm sure they would appreciate any size donation, since its a little more paperwork to copy for you, than most requests. They do have tons of knowledge and are always friendly and willing to help when they can!

• 5 months later...

So Ive found a great development. We found deep in our departments minutes all the information i would need.  Here is the vin and other pertinent information.  Besides contacting the Mack Musuem what else could i do to see if this Mack is still alive somewhere?

A55DEE16-BCA0-4EB1-B771-CF997CC59576.jpeg

Edited by Bradman11
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bradman11 said:

So with the new added information, does anyone have any further leads or information that may help me.  I sent the info to Mack and can’t wait to hear what they come up with.

No one in Suffolk PD or the Sheriffs Depts in the Deerpark FD that could run the VIN?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 hour ago, Bradman11 said:

Which number is the vin....2843?

Give them both, it could have been tagged with the engine number or the 31MB 2843. NYS did some odd things back then. I have three pre WWII trucks that NY registered with the chassis numbers and one that is registered with the engine number. All from the same clerk in Long Island City in the early 1930's.

You might also contact one of your old Chief's, Bob Vaccaro,  who  has more than 40 years in the fire-service. Bob  also worked for the Insurance Services Office, the New York Fire Patrol. He might have some ideas or even contacts.

Edited by 41chevy

P.T.CHESHIRE