Your Scania man in Texas

kscarbel2

Scania Group Press Release  /  July 24, 2017

Ron “Rooster” Rhodes of Loftin Equipment Company in Willis, Texas, USA sees it all.

No two days on the job are alike for Ron “Rooster” Rhodes, and that’s just how he likes it. Rhodes is Engines Foreman for Loftin Equipment Company, a Scania industrial engines distributor for the south-western United States that covers the states of Arizona, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Wide variety of applications

The rugged terrain of the US Southwest as well as the variety of industries that operate in this area – including oil and gas, agriculture and high-pressure water – mean that each call brings a challenge.

“Large equipment, off-road equipment, frontend loaders, articulated dump trucks, compost turners, even snow blowers – I see it all,” Rhodes says. “To troubleshoot for the field, when a dealer technician calls in, I will have him send me a demo file. Based on what the demo file has in it, I will help the technician fix the issue. If I cannot help fix it, then I work closely with Scania USA to support the repair of the unit.”

Do or die

Rhodes, a master Scania technician and lead trainer, serves as dealer liaison for Loftin Equipment Company’s Scania engine line. He also handles the manufacture and assembly and assists in the technical engineering of power packages.

Rhodes began working with Scania engines just five years ago, when Loftin Equipment Company became a dealer.

He earned the nickname “Rooster” in the United States Navy for being a tough worker who never backed down from a challenge. Rhodes says his 13 years as a Navy-certified diesel mechanic prepared him for anything he might encounter back on dry land.

“When you live on a submarine at sea, you don’t have a choice: Solve engine issues or you don’t go home,” he says.

Ron “Rooster” Rhodes

Lives: Willis, Texas

Family: Married to Leah, with three grown children

Hobbies: “My work is my hobby!” Rhodes says, but he adds that he loves restoring old cars, including an entire Jeep he rebuilt from the ground up.

image 1.jpg