Extreme Make over time for Mrs Mack

6 hours ago, gxbxc said:

sir :that second bridge you showed looked like a triple truss Baily bridge ,is it temporary  or a permanent structure.

Temporary bridge over the Murray river 

image.thumb.jpeg.78cbcbbbe3d2cb24ffc2c5cdf3ae56ad.jpeg

the old lifting span bridge is been repaired 

The centre section lifts to let paddle steamers thru 

image.jpeg.9acef33e0de2f6e71a64be307c5ba1d7.jpegimage.jpeg.e35d188757743ad945cc12a1e166fb82.jpeg

• Like 1

Funny how they say we drive on the wrong side, most of EU drives on the same side as us, the only reason that the brits and their hostages drive on the other side is because they won't do anything that the colonies might do, if we go left they go right just because they are always right, had SAS in Iraq tell me every day how brits invented this and that, even the wheel, I reminded him that we figured out how to put air in them for a better ride, didn't talk to me for a whole day, silence can be golden.  

• Haha 1

Thanks for sharing your pics with us Paul. I'm pretty sure I will never see the land down under. But your pics get me a little closer.  

Forgive me if this has been asked already…….. but do you have to keep a log book ?  I'm thinking if I got stopped by the DOT in a day cab, If I told them I slept in the gutter beside the truck .Even if the weather was appropriate ,  They would just haul me off to jail. LOL  

• Like 1

Keith 

Interesting the hole for the radiator cap in the hood. Factory?  Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

5 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Interesting the hole for the radiator cap in the hood. Factory?  Paul

No not factory but that and the cut out in the guard (wheel well I think you blokes call it saves dropping the bar to do the daily checks and when the bug deflector is on you can't see the hole from the ground or the cab 

Parked at Bowen late yesterday arvo IMG_20171220_181008.thumb.jpg.071a12f48f568354c9a9c0c69d31437c.jpg

Bowen is were the film Australia was filmed and used as the prop for Darwin during filming

15 hours ago, 85snowdog said:

Thanks for sharing your pics with us Paul. I'm pretty sure I will never see the land down under. But your pics get me a little closer.  

Forgive me if this has been asked already…….. but do you have to keep a log book ?  I'm thinking if I got stopped by the DOT in a day cab, If I told them I slept in the gutter beside the truck .Even if the weather was appropriate ,  They would just haul me off to jail. LOL  

Snowdog and others: Start saving your pennies!!! Stephanie Anton is working on tours for both the "Haulin of the Hume" in 2019 and Truckie's Reunion in Alice Springs in 2020. I will post the info in a separate topic when it becomes available.

• Like 1

Brocky

Thanks Paul, for the info and the narrated tour of your countryside.

I enjoyed your videos so much , I think you would do a good job of some Australian country side videos. I can see it now…….. 

"The adventures of Paul and Miss Molly"

Thanks again , Safe travels :thumb:

• Like 1

Keith 

8 hours ago, Brocky said:

Snowdog and others: Start saving your pennies!!! Stephanie Anton is working on tours for both the "Haulin of the Hume" in 2019 and Truckie's Reunion in Alice Springs in 2020. I will post the info in a separate topic when it becomes available.

I think that would be a great experience . Unfortunately,  Even if I could save the money for it . I don't think I could do the long flights.  

Keith 

12 hours ago, 85snowdog said:

Thanks Paul, for the info and the narrated tour of your countryside.

I enjoyed your videos so much , I think you would do a good job of some Australian country side videos. I can see it now…….. 

"The adventures of Paul and Miss Molly"

Thanks again , Safe travels :thumb:

I have thought about making a video of a road trip but Molly cant hold a camera any good lol

Paul

• Like 1

Paul, Thanks for all your pictures of the countryside.. Keep them coming!!!  You can do the Aussie version of Other Dog's travel reports..

Here is a link to a lot of pictures, and some BS, from the 2015 ATHS tour to the Truckie's Hall of Fame Reunion. Both trucks and countryside.. I am assuming that Stephanie will put together a good similar mix for the future trips she is planning.

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/84264/Down-Under-Trip?Keywords=Down Under Trip

Brocky