Extreme Make over time for Mrs Mack

Wow! every time I'm off the site for some while, what happens recently quite often with me, I found out a lot of things had happened.

Some of them are of a kind I wouldn't like to miss. Even feel a shame when stories like this go without my attention. You may think what kind of help could be provided by a guy who is in some thousand miles away? But sometimes just a good word may do a job being said in time. I have exusion though since right in the moment I also provide serious make over to my daily driver. And have a time frame up to the snow time. But that's a story for another thread.

Watched almost 7 episodes today and read all the comments. Seems done alot taknig to account some hectic matter of the story. If I were you I'd try to organize the things some different way. To have some reserve of time and a "B" plan. Sure don't know how it was possible or not. On the other hand there is an old saying of you never have time enough to finish a project in time but you always find some to fix your mistakes after it's already done.

This time I see you got out of the story quite well and the only thing worth to tell is congrats. Moreover, my very hats off for you hadding even time and power to document everything and make the movies with all the subscripts and so on. They're really nice to see and very appreciated.

Now it's already 1AM at me so the time to go for a sack.

Good luck on whatever you do! As for me I hope to complete watching tomorrow.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, RFCDrum said:

The dreaded El Dorado seat. Drove many RD's with these hated them.

I prefer the standard Mack seat but to find anything any good is as rare as rocking horse shit so I just leave what I have 
It is almost embarrassing how little I new about this seat after all these years of sitting in it
But a R model cab isnt really big enough to get to excited with adjustments anyway LOL

Paul

5 hours ago, RFCDrum said:

The dreaded El Dorado seat. Drove many RD's with these hated them.

I had forgotten the sensation of feeling like my jewels were caught in a vice until I watched the video.  Thanks, Paul, for bringing it all back.  :wacko:

Edited by B-42
  • Confused 1

Swish man the Princess wont go on a cruise  no matter how hard I push :huh:
I do have some plans of what I might do next 
You jokers wont believe how dumb I am, you are gunna have to wait till the next video to find out why 
Let me put it this way , my dumb ness is due to fact that Australia is so dry 

Paul 

Paul: Maybe you know. Saw a movie the other day called walkabout from about 1968. Was about a girl and her brother wandering around in the outback. In it they showed an R model tipper with a couple of belly dumps. On the front bumper it said left hand drive and the driver was on the left side. I guess Mack had some left hand drive trucks at one time in Aussieville. Were these imports or Aussie builds. If Aussie builds do they still make any left hand drives. If so they would be ripe for export. Trident Superliner? Wish full thinking maybe. Just started following this thread. Glad I did. Great job.:)

Edited by james j neiweem
  • Like 1

Mrs Mack Paul, I watched a couple episodes of "outback truckers" last night much less "scripted" than "ice road truckers" I quit watching that when the driver used the Jake brake on ice! Have driven a few r and u models, never heard of the "dreaded Eldorado" seat the r and u models I drove had the basic Mack suspension seat with the flat bottom cushion and slightly curved backrest very uncomfortable and thin! Your r model is coming along great! If you got paid for all the time you put in straightening that tank you could retire! But the results were worth it! I often wondered if all Aussies and Brits are left handed or ambidextrous lol  I can't imagine shifting left handed, but I guess I could learn,as I learned to split a compound two handed!😁

• Like 1

On 10/21/2017 at 11:44 PM, james j neiweem said:

Paul: Maybe you know. Saw a movie the other day called walkabout from about 1968. Was about a girl and her brother wandering around in the outback. In it they showed an R model tipper with a couple of belly dumps. On the front bumper it said left hand drive and the driver was on the left side. I guess Mack had some left hand drive trucks at one time in Aussieville. Were these imports or Aussie builds. If Aussie builds do they still make any left hand drives. If so they would be ripe for export. Trident Superliner? Wish full thinking maybe. Just started following this thread. Glad I did. Great job.:)

I know some LHD drive trucks were imported to Western Australia for mine use 
I doubt any were built here, the R models that were built here used a LHD cab and a template was put on the fire wall to drill all the right holes in all the right spots 
And almost every hole in the fire wall from a LHD was covered over with  component either in the cab or in the fire so when they are it looks like they are factory RHD, which I guess they are but the conversion is really neat and its not until you strip the cab right down you can see any difference 

And  I have never watched the "Walk about" movie that I know of  so most check it out one day 

Paul