A call for riots

david wild

Haha, well if your good for nothing else at least your good for a laugh. 

I have a lot of respect for 41Chevy, and find his knowledge and experience very helpful and he is always willing to share both. 

His opinions, whilst different to mine sometimes, are respected because he has experienced a lot and has good reasons for them.

If you open your mind, you too could learn from this site. And a healthy debate is fine, but calling him a drunk (which is what you implied) is just plain silly.

Timmy, I couldn't agree with you more.

The BMT website follows generally accepted guidelines on posts: no name-calling, personal insults or threats. And no profanity or vulgarity.

And it's so easy to go along with.

David Wild began the thread, and in his unique style got right to the point of his thoughts. However he didn't break any of those socially-accepted standards.

Teamstergrrrl's comment about sobering up comes across as a personal insult. It may have been said in a light-hearted way, but we can't sense "tone" in written posts. Unfortunately written thoughts can be at times misconstrued.

Like a Bulldog and anyone in the truck business, nobody here is thin-skinned. But I suggest we all make a conscious effort to respect each other's differing opinions and restrain from insults. After all, at the end of the day, we're all one big family.

I'm confident that both Teamstergrrrl and 41chevy (Paul) are each super people in their own right. And certainly we all know by now, they're both extremely intelligent individuals. Hopefully a hand shake and hug can help them bond.

We all have just one life and it's far too short. Enjoy yourself on BMT, and enjoy your life. 

As you say Timmy, with an open mind, one can learn a lot from this site, from people with greatly opinions. I've learned at least one thing from every person that I ever knew, including both people I liked and disliked, agreed with and disagreed with. I had a neighbor in my twenties and we simply disliked each other. But she lectured me one day that if I only threw my wet laundry into the dryer for 2-3 minutes to wring off the water, and then hung them up to dry, the clothes would last for years and years. She was right. Wear and tear in the washing machine can't be helped (front loader is much better), but the dryer is a clothes destroyer.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TDBach said:

I'll stick to oldMacks, tractors, and cattle... or I'll need to get a pair of hip waders because the crap is getting deep ha! :) 

So I went to church on Sunday morning and a woman brings her 7 year old son in.. dressed in a dress.. girls flip flops and a shaved head.. his name was Christopher..  I would like to know what people were thinking... his mom said "he's transgender".   What the he** 

in farm country?   What is the world coming to? 

The same bigots that hate trans kids hate women like us who work with machinery too... If we women can play with trucks, he can wear a dress!

6 hours ago, TDBach said:

I'll stick to oldMacks, tractors, and cattle... or I'll need to get a pair of hip waders because the crap is getting deep ha! :) 

So I went to church on Sunday morning and a woman brings her 7 year old son in.. dressed in a dress.. girls flip flops and a shaved head.. his name was Christopher..  I would like to know what people were thinking... his mom said "he's transgender".   What the he** 

in farm country?   What is the world coming to? 

Sounds like a great opportunity to minister to the people! Church is a home for the sin sick. We are always hoping for folks in spiritually difficult circumstances to come in through the door........but we mostly just get our regulars.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TDBach said:

It's not my place to judge.. however I do raise an eyebrow every now and then :) 

Just judgment enough to discern.

Last year we had a local fellow come to church, at late evening off hours, with a handgun to kill himself, possibly others too. Pastor saw him get out of car and tuck the gun so he locked the front door till guy agreed to put his gun back in the car. Let him in, talked him down and had the health care people come and get him, but didn't tell white coats about the gun.

Got the guys parents to confiscate the gun. He went and visited him regularly. See him around now, he is doing OK. We have our eye raisers too.    

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

Just judgment enough to discern.

Last year we had a local fellow come to church, at late evening off hours, with a handgun to kill himself, possibly others too. Pastor saw him get out of car and tuck the gun so he locked the front door till guy agreed to put his gun back in the car. Let him in, talked him down and had the health care people come and get him, but didn't tell white coats about the gun.

Got the guys parents to confiscate the gun. He went and visited him regularly. See him around now, he is doing OK. We have our eye raisers too.    

Some folks need saving..life can be tough for sure!  

• Like 2

For about $30 a month in union dues I got a couple hundred a month in higher wages which I invested in IRAs and 401Ks that are now worth several hundred thousand dollars. Instead of taking about $200 a month in taxable higher wages we put that into our pension plan which pays us a couple thousand a month. We also got a lot of other benefits by negotiating together as a union like two paid breaks a day and overtime pay.

No brainwashing needed... That's a heck of a deal!