A call for riots

david wild

2 hours ago, Mackpro said:

The FBI Crime Statistics must be racist.  13% of the US population causing 52.2% of murders. I'm not a racist but what can you say? Where I live I'm more worried about the white cracked out meth users . 

Well put! I'm mostly worried about diabetes and uncommonly delicious cheese. It's killed most of my family members. The majority of the people in this forum are likely suffering from the same First World Issues like "truck driver butt".

As a Constitutional Conservative, Christian, United Steel Workers member, Gun toting conceal carry, straight/married, father of 5, white guy with stay home wife,  who likes his union ........... I have no friends in this argument.     

• Like 2

Well said, Mack Technician- Murder is pretty low on the list of causes of death, suicide is more common, and most of us die of heart and lung ailments or cancer. I got no problem with sane citizens lawfully exercising their 2nd amendment rights, or their 1st amendment rights for that matter. Same with freedom of religion, political association, and who folks choose to love.

Shot through the door in her pajamas ??? Give me a break. Where is the concern and outrage from the people who care so much about one group but the hell with you if your white. Maybe we racist (supposedly) have a valid point and our concerns should be taken into account. Why can't white people be treated equal too? And if your not union, you're some scum bag loser??????? Really, we scum bags are the ones that pay the taxes that support your union pension when it goes broke. Maybe a thanks is in order.   

• Like 2

11 hours ago, david wild said:

Shot through the door in her pajamas ??? Give me a break. Where is the concern and outrage from the people who care so much about one group but the hell with you if your white. Maybe we racist (supposedly) have a valid point and our concerns should be taken into account. Why can't white people be treated equal too? And if your not union, you're some scum bag loser??????? Really, we scum bags are the ones that pay the taxes that support your union pension when it goes broke. Maybe a thanks is in order. 

Some white guys are so fragile... Almost like snowflakes!

We had to dump our pension, it was redundant, I'll never see it cause of my age. No taxpayer $ here either. We chunk wood into paper with 400 union workers and an engineering group. Every month we clear 7-10 million dollars above the red at our facility. Corporate is very fat and very happy and we like it that way. We are also "right to work". 

KSB,I posted earlier, we should stick to trucks and forget politics! And I meant it! But as most of you are aware I have an anecdote to illustrate every situation! So here comes one! I'm in the Pa state employment office in Jan.1975 looking for a job!  They were posted on microfilm in the pre computer days! So I see a job,hvy truck operator,full time temporary flood control project Carnegie pa, 6mos.experience. It looked like it was made for me! 8miles from home! So I go to the counselor,"can you get me an interview " The guy says "Thats affirmative action" you can't apply for that! Then he looks like he swallowed his tongue! What he meant was you can apply, but not being a minority you won't be hired! He then looks at me sideways "are you an Aleutian islander or native American?" And he names a couple ethnicities that aren't black! I  answer no! "You can apply but you won't be hired" It was a government project so it had a 10 percent minority quota! So that's my introduction to reverse discrimination! More later, but it's lunchtime!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BillyT said:

Billy T, replied to Billy T! So after I got done being pi$$ed off I'm thinking dummy! If you had known about affirmative action you could have pretended to have been an Aleutian islander!,learn some facts etc they wouldn't have checked in those days! So having missed my ideal job I see a job hauling US mail for a contractor and I go to another counselor (a very pleasant professional young black lady) and she gets me an interview with the mail carrier, my road test is a one mile run in a 9670 "cornbinder" bobtail and I'm hired on the spot! ( shoulda known right!) So I make a couple regional runs on one the runs the air compressor literally falls off the engine right in front of the old Lawn plaza on the PA tpke and the brakes lock up! I managed to get it off the road when I see the air pressure dropping! On another run I'm dropping gears at the Indiana pa get off ramp off 119 and I see the drive shaft spinning thru the air in a slow arc and figured it would be a good time to get off on the shoulder! On my last run the supervisor calls me and says he has three tractors available, all 9670s one has a gear missing (10 speed 250 Cummins!) One has a bad alternator (mid winter at night)! And the third a tag axle, has one set of working brakes (on the tag) ! "Which one do you want?!" "I don't want any of them I reply!" "Do you want your job"! So I take the one with brakes on the tag! On my way to Philadelphia that night I passed three of their tractors broken down on the shoulder! It's snowing pretty hard and a motorist pulls right in front of me off the shoulder! I hit him ,not hard but his trunk won't close! So we tie his trunk shut and the trooper takes the report and I deliver in Philadelphia. The next morning I take a loaded trailer back to Pittsburgh and go home.when I go to pick up my pay the s.o.b.s are fixing the brakes on my tractor! I get my check and they fire me!😁  I go back to the Employment office and the same lady that got me the interview signs me up for unemployment! " no willful misconduct" was the verdict! All of this because I wasn't an Aleutian islander! So I decided I'd had enough trucking for awhile,and went to welding school on the GI Bill! I was of course at the time unaware I had diesel fuel in my veins !

helluva deal

6 hours ago, BillyT said:

KSB,I posted earlier, we should stick to trucks and forget politics! And I meant it! But as most of you are aware I have an anecdote to illustrate every situation! So here comes one! I'm in the Pa state employment office in Jan.1975 looking for a job!  They were posted on microfilm in the pre computer days! So I see a job,hvy truck operator,full time temporary flood control project Carnegie pa, 6mos.experience. It looked like it was made for me! 8miles from home! So I go to the counselor,"can you get me an interview " The guy says "Thats affirmative action" you can't apply for that! Then he looks like he swallowed his tongue! What he meant was you can apply, but not being a minority you won't be hired! He then looks at me sideways "are you an Aleutian islander or native American?" And he names a couple ethnicities that aren't black! I  answer no! "You can apply but you won't be hired" It was a government project so it had a 10 percent minority quota! So that's my introduction to reverse discrimination! More later, but it's lunchtime!

I agree we we should stick to trucks.A young lady ,white and Australian is killed in very sad and mysterious circumstances but it only provides an avenue for some people here to see it a race issue not the crime it might be.Stereotypes are been thrown about.I am black but Nigerian so I naturally hurt when generalizations are been made about race.I am college educated and right now seen my two kids through college so will feel bad to think that because of the color of my skin i am seen as been less a human than the next man, because of the unfortunate behavior of some one  who has the same skin color as me.

While this happened in America those who have taken the position because she is white even though Australian are the same with me who is reacting this way because I am black even though Nigerian.BMT is a Worldwide Forum and we should be mindful of sensiblities.An old sexist  African Proverb says "When dry bones are mentioned old women get uncomfortable"

• Like 2