Odd cars you have restored

Truck Shop

6 hours ago, mowerman said:

Holysh*t that is odd I bet you wish you had most of those classics back I know there's a few I wish I never sold 62 Ford wagon and 55 Chevy wagon both low mileage cars I was lucky to latch on toemoji24.pngemoji24.pngemoji24.pngbob

If your talking to me, the Monte, el Camino , both El Dordados , 2 1971 Challengers, a 1971 340  six pack Duster (the mopars each had a tad over 1500 miles each @ 1/4 mile at a time and never titled race cars only) we only sold at Meccum in Atlantic City in 2015. I rarely sell any of my vehicles . . .ever. The 55 I 'll keep until I die and my grandson gets it. One family owned since 1962 and a race car in one form or another all those years.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

8 hours ago, mowerman said:

That post 55 you have was always my favorite....my pop had one also but 6 banger 3 speed on the tree.... Lol I had 2 convertibles a beach wagon and hardtop. ...bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

The 55 is a model 210 hardtop. When dad bought it in 1962 it had a 265 V-8 with a cast iron power glide, factory AC and power windows. he made it a d/gas 1/8 mile drag car with a 301 Chevy,with a pair of WCFB four barrels and a 3 speed trans running 2nd and hi only. His last time slip at Islip Speedway 1/8th  was the UDRA class record now long forgotten . Now it's a shell. no sound deadening, minimal wiring to be street legal,windows are all fixed up except drivers side,which is held up with canvas and snaps. Doors,fenders , hood ,trunck and rear bumper are "grinder" lightened fiberglass,interior is 6 gauges, 2 fiberglass seats and a fire system. Car weighs in at East Coast Gasser Association at 2495 wet.  Biggest engine I ran in 1983 was a blown, injected 427, 4 speed and 5:13 gears. Was a bit un rulely around town.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE