Odd cars you have restored

Truck Shop

4 minutes ago, Keith S said:

1953 Studebaker - brought to my shop by the original owner who bought it when he worked as an engineer at Studebaker.

That floor pan is ridiculous! It looks like a map of Minnesota.

my 7 Litre

well, that did not work. 

it seems photo forket is holding all my pictures and videos for ransom, they want $400 per year to release them. 

screw them, i will loose the pics and videos before i give them a penny. 

Edited by tjc transport
  • Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Mack truck are those appliance wheels on the goat? Nice looking ride,I've always liked those wheels! Had a 53 commander coupe same model as truck shops, except a real p.o.s., 50 bucks painted od with a brush! 239 2 spd hydro ran good, but when you bottomed out at the bottom of a hill both taillights fell out and were hanging by the wire! Those were beautiful cars but tended to rust out badly in the "salt belt"!

• Like 1

My brother and I share a 1968 roadrunner, 383 4 speed.  We did a 69 chevelle for a friend.  a 1962 chevy pickup, a 1946 ford pickup, a bunch of wrecks in the late 80's early 90's( mostly modern stuff, buy 2 cars,, merge them together in the name of repair).  Too many to list.

• Like 2

55 Chevy back in 1977 got photos but thier all buried. That boat is gorgeous you just topped everyones lol... Love that Jimmy almost bought a 76 brand new $4600 ha haha nowdays hard to find anything used for that...bob

• Like 1

My mom had a 49 Dodge Wayfarer convertible when I was born they're really beautiful cars lot of Chrome I'd forgot all about them until I saw one in Minden Nevada last Saturday morning somebody is working on I love to have one of those to go through but like most of us I don't know if I've got time for it now. Those old shoebox Chryslers are pretty rare these days you hardly see them..bob

23 hours ago, BillyT said:

Mack truck are those appliance wheels on the goat? Nice looking ride,I've always liked those wheels! Had a 53 commander coupe same model as truck shops, except a real p.o.s., 50 bucks painted od with a brush! 239 2 spd hydro ran good, but when you bottomed out at the bottom of a hill both taillights fell out and were hanging by the wire! Those were beautiful cars but tended to rust out badly in the "salt belt"!

The wheels are made by Enkei. I liked them because they looked like the Centerline wheels of old days.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

6 hours ago, mowerman said:

I guess hardly any of us noticed he said odd not old nice collection Paul......bob

Okay, I'll post the only odd one in the works right now. I bought this in 1980 ,finally started it when we moved to Virginia.   1972 Fiberfab Avenger / Valkyrie. was meant to be Corvair powered. GM 383 crate engine, ZF 6 speed transaxle with 2:73 gears. 2045 lbs, 420 h.p. Added wider flares and a GT-40 style spoiler and filled in rear air extractor grills.  Odd enough??   :lol::lol:

valkyrie4_zps3877280a-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

valkyrie6_zpsc5b4bdc1-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

valkyrie1_zps33602931-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

valkyrie3_zpsd80e1933-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

5179713625_a590349f0d_b-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Holysh*t that is odd I bet you wish you had most of those classics back I know there's a few I wish I never sold 62 Ford wagon and 55 Chevy wagon both low mileage cars I was lucky to latch on to[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]bob

41, that 41 Chevy reminded me of the 48 fastback I had when I was 14! Only drove it on the property! One day I got off the school bus and walked to my car,noticed the hood was askew! Lifted it and it fell on the ground! The engine was missing! While I was at school my dad ran a load of scrap car bodies to the scrap yard and blew the engine on his 2 ton Chevy flatbed on the way home! He and the hired man pulled the 235 out of the truck and installed my 216! A step backward but it ran! What could I say he fed me with the money he earned! Where was the radiator on the fibrefab? 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2017 at 3:51 PM, BillyT said:

41, that 41 Chevy reminded me of the 48 fastback I had when I was 14! Only drove it on the property! One day I got off the school bus and walked to my car,noticed the hood was askew! Lifted it and it fell on the ground! The engine was missing! While I was at school my dad ran a load of scrap car bodies to the scrap yard and blew the engine on his 2 ton Chevy flatbed on the way home! He and the hired man pulled the 235 out of the truck and installed my 216! A step backward but it ran! What could I say he fed me with the money he earned! Where was the radiator on the fibrefab? 

The 41 I bought from the original owner in Coalsdale Pa., a decent running original car that was his wife's since new. I did the body , interior and running gear and left the original top on it. Engine wise took a few shims out of the rods and ran it for close to a year. Sitting in the shop warming up the original fiber timing gear went. Pulled the engine  had it bored .010, cut the crank .010 across the board added aluminum 6.5 pistons on modern 2.8 GM rods  for inserts instead of Babbitt bearings and had a 70% balance done on it. Added a Nippon Denso alternator from a Yamaha motorcycle  because it fit into the casing of the original 6 volt generator and looked stock. We took the car from L.I.N.Y. to the 1991 50th anniversary of the opening of the PA turnpike and than took Rte 66 from Chicago to the Fisherman's Pier in California (almost all of Route 66.) Sold it to a collector in San Diego and flew home. My wife and had had that as one of the trips of a life time, 4300 miles in, at the time a 50 year old car.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE