Sign in to follow this  
duke

Hello all new to the site

Hello all new to the sight,my love affair with trucks started as a teenager when I worked as a mechanics helper for an oil company in the early eighties I got to work on and play around with macks , brockway , whites , and a freightliner life took me in other directions for my career but i still never lost interest now I am 51 have a job that affords a lot of time off and I am kicking around the idea of buying a truck.my idea is to play around with a triaxle my question to you guys is do people still use older trucks to work with or is this a bad idea this would not be my only source of income so I can afford to run when I want and look for a somewhat good condition older truck and I am capable of doing my own mechanical work. Thoughts? Thanks,Wade

t    

Welcome, you'll meet lots of nice people with a wealth of knowledge on here. Nothing wrong with running old iron as long as it's kept up especially since it kind of sounds like a hobby or pleasure gig. 

Welcome to the dog house. 

Youll get lots of opinions here, and most of them are just that... Opinions. 

But lots of topics to learn from or join in on. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Thank You all !!! . was hoping  for a few words of encouragement ,Wade 

Welcome to the forum!

Ok so I think I want to look for a superliner,what is the best combo to look for year, engine,trans ,axle capacity and suspension just to clarify I am looking for a triaxle or a truck I can put a dump body on Thanks, Wade

what we need is another happy owner of a mack !!!!!!!