Long Island Truck Show

28 minutes ago, BERTRAM said:

I brought my B61 wrecker to the ATHS Long Island chapter show this past Saturday in Riverhead. It's the furthest I've ever driven it. I expected the worst, maybe a flat, maybe overheating, maybe catching on fire. (the truck being in  mostly original condition) Made it from storage in Syosset all the way there and back. (approx.. 55 miles) The only problem was the batteries were both dead when I went to start it for the trip home. Luckily a great group of guys pitched in to help with a cummins powered jeep charging one battery and a 1970 Brockway wrecker jumping the battery on the other side. Got me going in short order. Thanks guys! It was a nice show and I met a bunch of nice people.IMG_2038.thumb.JPG.c03d6e028f3f42899221ad3d6c6af42e.JPG

IMG_2042.JPG

IMG_2041.JPG

Glad you had a good trip!  And if you think you had a long trip, that R model next to you is from Northeastern Conn. Expensive ferry ride!

Looks like you had some nice iron to check out!

With the pictures, if you can reduce the size of the image (pixels) through the computer editing program it will use less space on the BMT server or you can try a third party picture hosting site that can be linked to your post.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

21 hours ago, j hancock said:

Looks like you had some nice iron to check out!

With the pictures, if you can reduce the size of the image (pixels) through the computer editing program it will use less space on the BMT server or you can try a third party picture hosting site that can be linked to your post.

I like Irfanview...it's a free download and it's very easy to resize and save photos. You just hit Ctrl + R, select the size you want, and after that hit Ctrl + S to save. Doesn't take up a lot of space on your hard drive either.