I know the main auction will be a Norwalk(Summit Equip Motorsport Park), as the back end of the spectator side was jammed full of cars and they announced that during the Blue Suede Cruise next weekend that the auction will be going on.   They had local sheriff parked and it was a "No access" allowed area so you could not go look at any of it.  I saw one of just about everything ever made just from looking across the track since I was pitted down that way last weekend.  I'm guessing 150+ cars/pickups were lined up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

I know the main auction will be a Norwalk(Summit Equip Motorsport Park), as the back end of the spectator side was jammed full of cars and they announced that during the Blue Suede Cruise next weekend that the auction will be going on.   They had local sheriff parked and it was a "No access" allowed area so you could not go look at any of it.  I saw one of just about everything ever made just from looking across the track since I was pitted down that way last weekend.  I'm guessing 150+ cars/pickups were lined up.

The pair of B models and the L model Sleeper are under $150 for all 3, The first design AC's are under $1000 combined. Guess nobody's really interested in them?

A couple friends and I are planning to attend the auction on Saturday.  As for the low bids on the Macks...just like eBay...I am sure they will increase by the end of the auction.

I have a race at Thompson Saturday or I might have gone up to look around.   If the B models were all that cheap I would think about them, especially if the cabs were nice.

I like the B's, they have them mislabeled I think tho. obviously the B61LT has the aluminum fuel tanks and not the other. I wish I was closer, I'd buy them both.

• Like 1

Too bad there aren't more pictures of the B models. The Divco trucks are cool too. I was considering a Divco before I bought my B46.

Was at Norwalk auction today.  Lots of interesting vehicles but nothing to "write home" about.

The trucks will be auctioned on Sunday.

Lot 492R - B61T is currently at $1100

Lot 493R - B61LT is currently at $2100

somebody got some bargains

5 hours ago, Superdog said:

somebody got some bargains

Mike,

I don't know the final prices or if they were bought by an on-site or internet bidder.  However, if the trucks were in similar condition as most of the vehicles auctioned on Saturday, in my opinion nothing was a bargain.  Nothing in the listing about condition, running, rust, drivetrain, completeness, etc.  But as they say "one man's junk is another man's treasure."

• Like 1

Should be in the antique sign business, I guess...$9000 for a Studebaker sign?????

3 hours ago, farmer52 said:

Mike,

I don't know the final prices or if they were bought by an on-site or internet bidder.  However, if the trucks were in similar condition as most of the vehicles auctioned on Saturday, in my opinion nothing was a bargain.  Nothing in the listing about condition, running, rust, drivetrain, completeness, etc.  But as they say "one man's junk is another man's treasure."

Final Prices

1916 AC $5250

1918 AC $2400

L Model  $1000

B61LT  $2900

B61T  $1100

3 hours ago, rustydog said:

Should be in the antique sign business, I guess...$9000 for a Studebaker sign?????

Studebaker and Hudson collectors are rabid about those things. A few years ago I sold a set of dealer parts books for Studebaker trucks at Hersey for $2300

I was surprised and shocked at most of the prices.  Gives me hope if I ever decide to sell my stuff! Guess I have reached that "old age" where I think everything is expensive. 

• Like 1

still think they had the 61 and 61LT labeled wrong. I think the lt had the aluminum tanks. doesn't matter, looks like same guy bought both and the bare metal truck looks better than the Earl Shieb green one...

Freightrain, my buddy from Warren wasn't at Norwalk, but he said he has watched you race the wagon for years! I was wrong his home track was Quaker City not Norwalk!