Sign in to follow this  
57 bcr

Retrieved antique low boy for a friend

Nice!  Good way to stretch the legs on the Dog.

I always enjoy taking the old dog out, Jim. It was on Sunday morning, so all the nice policemen were in church!  I was shocked  to see its I-Beam axle was bolted directly to the frame. Very solid wagon. He also has a D-47U that will be riding around on it someday. Al  

• Like 1

ugh, god I gotta find me one of those in the worst way Al. need me a vintage lowboy, only problem is, that means more junk.....

problem is most lowboys up here in new England have gold frame rails or they are rotted from salt

I'm hoping to find one long enough to haul my B85, ideally behind a B61 single axle dump, or tractor.....

But, as maddog points out, it's tough to find anything in the Northeast that's not missing a third of its original metal.

66dc75, that is a classic lowboy...love that curved gooseneck. Nice looking trailer.

• Like 1

yup, lookin for a curved gooseneck like that myself

I'm hoping to find one long enough to haul my B85, ideally behind a B61 single axle dump, or tractor.....

I'd keep an eye on the municipal auction sites. I see them pop up fairly frequently.

My Shertzer was sitting in the woods for quite a few years. No rot on the frame because someone stripped the wood off of it. This one has the axle bolted directly to the frame too, no suspension.

Only problem is that it's so damn short not too much fits on it.

2014-04-24 15.51.31.jpg

2014-04-22 14.30.08.jpg

That Astro come from a Farm in western N.H.?

Yup it did. Everybody feom that area recognizes it immediately 

lol sorry al musta missed this post just spotted it.....truck looks real good....pretty cool drop deck....nice to be able to pulloff a nice slick short move like that one ....with no unnecessary balony....bob

66, My cousin had an Astro that looked similar to that, was a73 model 350 Detroit with a 13 speed,that's a pretty tractor you've got!

Remember how many of those ran out of Maine hauling potatoes, I think every farmer had a Astro. 

• Like 1

The country song "A tombstone every mile" is said to refer to the roads out of the potato farms in Maine!