Retrieved antique low boy for a friend

57 bcr

I always enjoy taking the old dog out, Jim. It was on Sunday morning, so all the nice policemen were in church!  I was shocked  to see its I-Beam axle was bolted directly to the frame. Very solid wagon. He also has a D-47U that will be riding around on it someday. Al  

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

But Matt,it's  CLASSIC  junk! ............BIG DIFFERENCE!  (not according  to da old  lady,though)   Al

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping to find one long enough to haul my B85, ideally behind a B61 single axle dump, or tractor.....

But, as maddog points out, it's tough to find anything in the Northeast that's not missing a third of its original metal.

I'm hoping to find one long enough to haul my B85, ideally behind a B61 single axle dump, or tractor.....

I'd keep an eye on the municipal auction sites. I see them pop up fairly frequently.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 1 month later...

My Shertzer was sitting in the woods for quite a few years. No rot on the frame because someone stripped the wood off of it. This one has the axle bolted directly to the frame too, no suspension.

Only problem is that it's so damn short not too much fits on it.

2014-04-24 15.51.31.jpg

2014-04-22 14.30.08.jpg

That Astro come from a Farm in western N.H.?

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/23/2017 at 7:26 PM, 66dc75 said:

My Shertzer was sitting in the woods for quite a few years. No rot on the frame because someone stripped the wood off of it. This one has the axle bolted directly to the frame too, no suspension.

Only problem is that it's so damn short not too much fits on it.

2014-04-24 15.51.31.jpg

2014-04-22 14.30.08.jpg

And you think your  "Little  Red Wagon" is short? Check  out  my '41 Fruehauf  CPT-8!  Started out as a pull trailer  for  a  deuce  and a half. Steel is very  solid on it. Made some modifications to it,to make  it  able to  load/unload  something?????. Below  is a trailer in it's  original configuration.TM9-2800_p202.thumb.jpg.9afcf8055b9382ca7823ff37af9a7b27.jpg    Al20170402_140330.thumb.jpg.6c2ac17c93f4cd61fe0f421e04e91789.jpg

8 hours ago, Lmackattack said:

do you just use blocks of wood under the rear most part of the trailer when loading a dozer or something? so that the trailer stays more stable as the load comes up?

I never loaded anything  heavier  than  my '97 Jeep  Wrangler  on it. I would  definitely  want to block it up if I loaded my D4 7U  on it. I think I would  just  use  my  tilt-top for  that. It presently  has  a 63" flattop  sleeper  on it,which  works  out good  for  a few shows that are overnighters.

7 hours ago, 66dc75 said:

They don't get much shorter then that!

Good size for a little Cletrac

I would imagine  that's  what  the Army Corps of  Engineers  used it for. It's  got some incriminating  track marks on the fenders!  Al