Sign in to follow this  
Job41

1978 Autocar DC 87

Sorry to hear you're in a pinch and have to sell your truck. If I was closer I'd take it. 

Heavygunner,

It would cost a couple of grand just to have it hauled to Montana.    By the way, I think she tops out at 65 mph, and that would be with the engine cranking 2100 rpm and both trannys in overdrive. 

Yep I hear ya that's why I didn't say I'll take it. 

TozziWelding,

Thanks for helping to get the word out.  Here is another picture for the viewers' perusal.

IMG_0891.JPG

Restore, hell no ! drive as is.   terry:D

Rustydog,

I thought it was a fair price, but a few years ago I had put it on CL for $4000.00  and the best offer I got was $1800.   One guy offered me a Chinese made four wheeler (quad).  I guess big heavy duty single axle dump trucks are becoming like white elephants.  Contractors would rather buy a ten wheeler or a tri-axle dump.    I have used it more as a horse than a dump truck.  I have moved my old backhoe and my old D6 Cat with it.  Don't tell anyone my  D6 9U weighs twelve tons but my trailer is only rated for nine. However, those were usually short little trips of no more than seven miles taken slow and easy. The Awful car ( my brother's term for the old girl) handles it quite well.  That reminds me of another bit of information which I should relay to potential buyers.  It has 18 inch diameter brake shoes, which are quite expensive.  The current set are in good shape. 

Job41

I

• Like 1

Job..I feel your pain....if you know how long my truck has been for sale...

• Like 1

Kijiji is same here in Canada. People living in mom's basement with nothing better to do.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1