1978 Autocar DC 87

Job41

Heavygunner,

It would cost a couple of grand just to have it hauled to Montana.    By the way, I think she tops out at 65 mph, and that would be with the engine cranking 2100 rpm and both trannys in overdrive. 

Rustydog,

I thought it was a fair price, but a few years ago I had put it on CL for $4000.00  and the best offer I got was $1800.   One guy offered me a Chinese made four wheeler (quad).  I guess big heavy duty single axle dump trucks are becoming like white elephants.  Contractors would rather buy a ten wheeler or a tri-axle dump.    I have used it more as a horse than a dump truck.  I have moved my old backhoe and my old D6 Cat with it.  Don't tell anyone my  D6 9U weighs twelve tons but my trailer is only rated for nine. However, those were usually short little trips of no more than seven miles taken slow and easy. The Awful car ( my brother's term for the old girl) handles it quite well.  That reminds me of another bit of information which I should relay to potential buyers.  It has 18 inch diameter brake shoes, which are quite expensive.  The current set are in good shape. 

Job41

I

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
8 hours ago, Tom Molloy said:

Any contact info? Thanks Tom

Try sending him a private message. That way he knows someone is trying to get ahold of him

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

• 2 weeks later...

To everyone at BMT,

Yes, the Autocar still sits in my yard and is still for sale.  I haven't started it up in 3 or 4 months, but if I charge the batteries and hook up the block heater for an hour or so she should fire up.

I am loading more pictures to give a better idea of what needs to be addressed on the truck.   I have had a few people look at it expecting they could just put it on the road immediately and then find out it is going to take a number of weekends to make her road worthy.  May I also point out that most of the lights are not working.   The low air buzzer isn't working.  I want the guy who purchases it to know what he is getting into and be satisfied with the purchase.

IMG_0921.JPG

IMG_0922.JPG

IMG_0923.JPG

IMG_0925.JPG

IMG_0927.JPG

IMG_0928.JPG