Cab on/cab off

Can you post a photo and mabe some dimensions? Might be able to match up the equivalent through Energy Suspension in poly urethane and metal.   Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Please let us know how you make out with the cab pivot bushings. I could use a set myself. As a last resort, I thought I could make some if I ever get around to it. We use different types of urethane to make molds at work.

The rear cab insulators re available from PAI, they are the same ones used on the transmission.

Good luck with your project.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2017 at 10:25 PM, 41chevy said:

Can you post a photo and mabe some dimensions? Might be able to match up the equivalent through Energy Suspension in poly urethane and metal.   Paul

The bushings are 1.125" id, 2.125" od, 2.375" wide. In the photo, you can see the rubber has worn away on one side. If anybody has any suggestions for a source, I'd appreciate it!

170707 Tandem.jpg

Looks like the bushing outer sleeve is still in the bracket.  The I.D. is what makes it hard to transfer to a suspension piece, but poly body mount bushings would work as a start to have machined to you I.D and O.D. to reuse your steel sleeve. Poly or Nylatron can be machined easily on a lathe

Try a 4x4 shop near you for Dodge Ram Body mount bushings in Poly or Nylatron.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

11 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Looks like the bushing outer sleeve is still in the bracket.  The I.D. is what makes it hard to transfer to a suspension piece, but poly body mount bushings would work as a start to have machined to you I.D and O.D. to reuse your steel sleeve. Poly or Nylatron can be machined easily on a lathe

Try a 4x4 shop near you for Dodge Ram Body mount bushings in Poly or Nylatron.

Yes, I measured outside the piece that's still in the bracket. Thank you for the suggestion--I'll try that.