Down the road pictures

Vladislav

Vlad, I really enjoyed your pictures. I find it fascinating that there are that many American trucks running around your country. I also enjoy your pictures of your country. Please share more when you can. Good to hear from your again. 

• Like 2

Vlad I noticed the big truck models at the hobby shop diidn't seem to be the same quality as when I was a kid! If you Google edmund fitzgerald you can hear her captain talking on the captain of the arthur alexander on the radio right before she went under! The arthur alexander was an iron ore boat whose captain was trying to help the fitzgerald captain navigate when her radar screens were blown off! I believe the arthur alexander is still in use,they last a long time on the great lakes!

Vlad,ive been trying for a week to get your pictures,finally did they are awesome! The Volvo is an old Roadway horse, and the Navistar looks like a Schneider Cabover! Could be rural America! Thought all the old Cabover went to central America I was wrong😁Looks like a small American t.s, someday you should try to get us a picture of the inside of one of your truck stops and also some drivers great job!

Vlad, my tablet was low on power so I charged it and now I'm back! I noticed your mh has a different grille than the one I drove, do you know where it was built? Being a welder, I like the fancy "moose guard"  on its front end! I guess in Russia it would be a "stag guard" what large deer/elk like creatures do you have in Russia? I have always liked the Russian military trucks style! Are you aware that the Cuban people have been retro fitting Russian diesels into their old 50s era American cars!? The trade embargo that our president Kennedy placed on Cuba prevented them from importing American auto parts! There was a tv series "Cuban chrome" which highlighted how the Cuban mechanics kept their old American cars running! They showed an old Buick I believe it was with a Russian engine! You showed an old power plant, well ironically yesterday there was an accident at a coal fired power plant near St Petersburg Florida  that tragically  killed two workers, and seriously injured four. Details are scarce as the owners of the TECO power plant are busy covering their a...s! By the way the Coptic church was beautiful they kept the gold leaf on the dome shining!

On 30.06.2017 at 0:46 AM, HeavyGunner said:

Are you saying that you have long winters and time consuming hobbies are needed to fill them? 😁

Ufff, as longer I spend my time and money fixing old Macks live as more I get a feeling of how winters are short.

Starting from fall you build up plans of what to do before the warm season begins, when you both possible to work outside and, what is more important, can enjoy getting your toys for some run. And than you usually find out that snow is long gone but you still have lots of stuff unfinished!:)

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

5 hours ago, BillyT said:

Vlad, my tablet was low on power so I charged it and now I'm back! I noticed your mh has a different grille than the one I drove, do you know where it was built? Being a welder, I like the fancy "moose guard"  on its front end! I guess in Russia it would be a "stag guard" what large deer/elk like creatures do you have in Russia? I have always liked the Russian military trucks style! Are you aware that the Cuban people have been retro fitting Russian diesels into their old 50s era American cars!? The trade embargo that our president Kennedy placed on Cuba prevented them from importing American auto parts! There was a tv series "Cuban chrome" which highlighted how the Cuban mechanics kept their old American cars running! They showed an old Buick I believe it was with a Russian engine! You showed an old power plant, well ironically yesterday there was an accident at a coal fired power plant near St Petersburg Florida  that tragically  killed two workers, and seriously injured four. Details are scarce as the owners of the TECO power plant are busy covering their a...s! By the way the Coptic church was beautiful they kept the gold leaf on the dome shining!

Hi Billy, sorry, I'm mostly off the 'puter and the net recently due to the job and other headaches entertainments. Haven't googled Edmond Fitzgerald so far but I will. Pretty interesting. It's both a tech story and a story of our life. Yes, you're right on the MH grill. It's aftermarket and was fabricated by someone because the original central part was broken in the accident. I happened so I saw that truck about 2000 year for the first time. There was no grill than. And the bull bar also though:) No, it seems mostly untypical to hit a deer/elk/hog on the road overhere. During Perestroyka years because of low policemen activity lots of outlaw hunting were provided (and still continue). So population of wild creatures went down. Honestly I had been surprized seeing on this web-site results of such "meets" in the US. For Cuba I heard many talks on that overhere because Russians make flights there for a holiday from time to time. Can't say it's too popular direction because of the long way. My father visited Cuba in early 80's a couple of times along his job. He was to Havana. But I haven't heard of old American cars overthere from him. Of what I remember he told me how they rode a Lada car owned by some Cuban man with a speed of 30 or 40 km/h along a straight and wide highway built by Americans. Being questioned on that slow trip the driver said that he removed 2 pistons of the 4 cylinder 1.5 liter engine to save damn expensive gas!!

5 hours ago, h67st said:

Do you know what those things are being pulled by the tractors?

That's a good question and I surprized nobody put it up before.

Those "trackked boxes" are for collecting turf, along with all other eqiupment there and the very railroad.

It's a kind of a harvester machine. Turf exploration is provided by plowing a slim layer off the ground and keeping it still on the ground for some warm days to dry. Than those tracktor-pulled buckets came in action to scrape dry turf off the ground and roll into coils.

41 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

Ufff, as longer I spend my time and money fixing old Macks live as more I get a feeling of how winters are short.

Starting from fall you build up plans of what to do before the warm season begins, when you both possible to work outside and, what is more important, can enjoy getting your toys for some run. And than you usually find out that snow is long gone but you still have lots of stuff unfinished!:)

that is pretty much how it goes on this side of the pond too Vlad.

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

4 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Hi JT,

Nice to hear from your side either, it's a long time since we discussed last.

Here's a couple of shots specially for you. Last weekend we had a small meeting which was called "Classic coupe day". Mostly MB and BMW. So you might enjoy:)

CoupeDay2017_2709_resize_resize_resize.jpg

CoupeDay2017_2715_resize_resize_resize.jpg

Nice C126 Mercedes! I've always had a soft spot for them. I was very tempted to buy one I took on trade in my old Dealership I worked at. It was an 89 560 SEC.  But those BMW's are fantastic!  So nice to see several Alpina B7 coupes and 8-series coupes together. I also see a C4 Corvette down the line as well.

8 hours ago, JTFormula said:

Nice C126 Mercedes! I've always had a soft spot for them. I was very tempted to buy one I took on trade in my old Dealership I worked at. It was an 89 560 SEC.  But those BMW's are fantastic!  So nice to see several Alpina B7 coupes and 8-series coupes together. I also see a C4 Corvette down the line as well.

Ocassionally I bought Mercedes 500SEC in 1999 with dead engine. Bought 4 door sedan to do a swap and than ran the car for 7 more years. Parted out 7 or 8 coupe's and about 50 sedans during those years. The one on the picture I bought from a friend of mine in 2008. Run it at summer times, especially nice for long trips. It makes 200-240km/h easily and more if you want. The nearest place I can do it legally is Germany though. In Russia it's possible also sometimes with care.

BMW's made my mooth water this time. The dark blue 6 series was M635CSI. People call it M6 on your side of the pond. One of the Alpina's was imported from Monaco a couple of years back. Stored for 10+ yrs there but outside. Good climate there though. The other one was a stock 6 with some Alpina additions made later as i was told.

What made me really glad to see were 2 E9 CSI coupe's. It's a well-known car in Europe but nobody imported any to Russia. And now I could see the whole two! I had a back thought to bring such one from Europe since it was such a rare beast overhere. But you can't get all your plans moving. And now no need, someone have it already done. So one more headach off my mind:):)

CoupeDay2017_2714_resize_resize_resize_resize.jpg

CoupeDay2017_2711_resize_resize_resize_resize.jpg

Nice pictures, Vlad. Cool for us to see pictures  of  something  other  than  the   Kremlin. The red/white Navistar cabover,looks like a former  Roehl (Rail) Transport  tractor. They used that same paint  scheme  since the '70's.  Thanks. Al  June.2017_2531.jpg.279c69d9264750df8a8d026c5d02da77.jpg.b55bca9935f72fd6c23259aadffe551c.jpg

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA