Down the road pictures

Vladislav

Vlad

Thanks for all the pictures.. We always enjoy seeing other parts of the world.. That small blue locomotive looks the be about the same size as the ones working in the sugar cane fields of eastern Australia..

• Like 1

Brocky

3 hours ago, 41chevy said:

The ship is either the Aurora or the Potemkin. Both players in the 1917 Revolution. Like to visit them  but probably will never get to.   :(   Paul

Paul, your historical knowledges surprize me.

Yes, that's Aurora.

Potemkin was involved into 1905 compain which was a kind of pre-revolution.

The ship didn't survive, was destroyed in 20's.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

44 minutes ago, Brocky said:

Vlad

Thanks for all the pictures.. We always enjoy seeing other parts of the world.. That small blue locomotive looks the be about the same size as the ones working in the sugar cane fields of eastern Australia..

Brocky, you are welcome!

That blue locomotive along with others and that rail road at all was used to transport turf. That's why the slim track and light rails were used. A crue of rail road enthusiasts organized a private museum there. The actual turf exploration still continues so the guys can use existing rails and the station. On the other hand they help fixing transport units for turf moving facility.

3 hours ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Great pictures and story, thanks Vlad! Looking at the distinctive headlights on both MHs, they must have been built for export when new. The MH could have really opened up international markets for Mack, given the chance.

Unfortunately your opinion on the headlights is too optimistic.

Actually they were just put there off MAZ truck or Lada car. Much cheaper than original ones. One of my SGT R's has them installed either. Damn modifyers !!

2 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Paul, your historical knowledges surprize me.

Yes, that's Aurora.

Potemkin was involved into 1905 compain which was a kind of pre-revolution.

The ship didn't survive, was destroyed in 20's.

I model many of the Pre WWII  British, Chinese,American, Russian and Japanese ships. A few are in the USS Intrepid Air and Space Museum in NYC. I should have seen the 4 stacks as Potemkin had only 3 stacks.   :)   Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

22 hours ago, 41chevy said:

I model many of the Pre WWII  British, Chinese,American, Russian and Japanese ships. A few are in the USS Intrepid Air and Space Museum in NYC. I should have seen the 4 stacks as Potemkin had only 3 stacks.   :)   Paul

That's cool!

I modeled the only ships of Aurora and Potemking. It was when I was a kid. Those models were Russian made. Can't say the quality was bad but the glue included made the job as a pain. Difficult to imagine now but there was a trouble to buy good sterene glue for plastic in Soviet Union 35 years ago!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

That's cool!

I modeled the only ships of Aurora and Potemking. It was when I was a kid. Those models were Russian made. Can't say the quality was bad but the glue included made the job as a pain. Difficult to imagine now but there was a trouble to buy good sterene glue for plastic in Soviet Union 35 years ago!

I have an Aurora, Potemkin, Tsesarevich, and Saint Panteleymon by a Russian Company called ARK in 1/400. I'll never find time ti build them unless I live to the ripe age of 120

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thank you for all the thanks guys!

You're very welcome.

Just sorry I don't travel over the country much to share things which worth to be shared.

10 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Pretty cool stuff Vlad thanks for sharing 

Paul

Was I anywhere near close on the blue locomotive being like the Aussie sugar cane locomotives??? I only saw them out the bus window and not up close.. How many and what weight are the cane chip rail cars???5952c3cf6880a_AustrialanTrip745.thumb.JPG.ede76cf9681ada1dae4371d62ff8d183.JPG5952c4855e0fe_AustrialanTrip749.thumb.JPG.c723b87c98c5a477686e059474fbd723.JPG

Brocky

Vlad, it has been years since we could get the best acetone based model glue! The idiot teenagers in the sixties were squirting it in a paper bag and sniffing it! It got you high, but it also destroyed your brain cells! The govt made it illegal to sell! My grandson and I are slowly building a model of the Titanic has over 1000  pieces! He is really into maritime disasters! I don't know if you ever heard of the Edmund Fitzgerald in Moscow. It was an iron ore boat that travelled our great lakes, went down with all hands in November of 1975! Is on the bottom of lake Superior on the Canadian side.was 728 ft long about 100 ft shorter than the Titanic! There doesent seem to be a model of it available,unfortunately! Models are a fun way to relax!

On 6/28/2017 at 6:48 AM, Brocky said:

Paul

Was I anywhere near close on the blue locomotive being like the Aussie sugar cane locomotives??? I only saw them out the bus window and not up close.. How many and what weight are the cane chip rail cars???5952c3cf6880a_AustrialanTrip745.thumb.JPG.ede76cf9681ada1dae4371d62ff8d183.JPG5952c4855e0fe_AustrialanTrip749.thumb.JPG.c723b87c98c5a477686e059474fbd723.JPG

Brocky cane bins in my area are designed to carry either 5 or 6 ton, but they fit 5.5 ton in the smaller ones and over 7 ton in the larger ones
They haul up to 200 bins or maybe a few more and the whole train is un braked as we use roll on roll of to get them on the trucks and down to the paddock and back out again
each bins weighs about 2.5 ton empty

Some trains have a brake van in the middle or on the end in steeper country 
The harvest in our area is over 8 million tons of cane so thats a lot of little cane bins and the operation runs 24 hours a day harvesting and hauling cane 

Paul 

23 hours ago, BillyT said:

Vlad, it has been years since we could get the best acetone based model glue! The idiot teenagers in the sixties were squirting it in a paper bag and sniffing it! It got you high, but it also destroyed your brain cells! The govt made it illegal to sell! My grandson and I are slowly building a model of the Titanic has over 1000  pieces! He is really into maritime disasters! I don't know if you ever heard of the Edmund Fitzgerald in Moscow. It was an iron ore boat that travelled our great lakes, went down with all hands in November of 1975! Is on the bottom of lake Superior on the Canadian side.was 728 ft long about 100 ft shorter than the Titanic! There doesent seem to be a model of it available,unfortunately! Models are a fun way to relax!

Billy, no I haven't heard about Edmund Fizgerald boat. It's pretty interesting (and sad) to learn that fact. As for modeling it is a nice way to spend hours and hours being glad and proud of the result you get on every step. Unfortunately there's a trouble in many cases of unability of a model you would like to build or buy, or it is not of a good enough quality. Or sometimes just made in a wrong scale.

Acetone glue sniffers showed out at some point here too. But happily it happened much later, about early 90's. And most the glues with toluine base were swapped with something smoother. When I was a kid in early 80's my mom could bring some dichlorethane from her jobsite. Glued fast and hard. But was extremely toxic as I was told.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

As for modeling it is a nice way to spend hours and hours being glad and proud of the result you get on every step. 

Are you saying that you have long winters and time consuming hobbies are needed to fill them? 😁

Edited by HeavyGunner
  • Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.