Wellington FJ for sale

same here. I for one other than the national show think ATHS is all about money. it cost a fortune t bring a truck or two to a show AND go yourself. then add the ''tours'' of various places you can go to at the show while your there for no less than $50 or $75. pretty much a disgrace if they sell this truck

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

What is worse here?  Instead of posting it in WOT, they have turned it over to someone to sell.  Not sure what any commission numbers are but when you have a publication that can reach a lot of members, and in particular has its own "want ad" section- why would you outsource this?

I could see if you tried to market it yourself and then had no results but turning it over to someone else right off the bat???

Makes no sense to me-and it continues to be a very sore point here in New England.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Red Horse said:

What is worse here?  Instead of posting it in WOT, they have turned it over to someone to sell.  Not sure what any commission numbers are but when you have a publication that can reach a lot of members, and in particular has its own "want ad" section- why would you outsource this?

I could see if you tried to market it yourself and then had no results but turning it over to someone else right off the bat???

Makes no sense to me-and it continues to be a very sore point here in New England.

They are trying to sell the truck with as little fanfare as they can and by going this route the buyer can most probably if they choose stay out of the bright lites this truck will attract as it did last time they tried to sell it.

I belong to the hcea and other equipment and truck clubs.The heca is always taking equipment that is donated and restoring it by voluntees,my question is what happens when the clubs disband for what ever reason and there's all this equipment or trucks left.What becomes of the monies that is taken in when the sale is made.

12 hours ago, jackb61sx said:

They are trying to sell the truck with as little fanfare as they can and by going this route the buyer can most probably if they choose stay out of the bright lites this truck will attract as it did last time they tried to sell it.

Well Jack  I have to disagree as I think what ever route they took to sell it, it is going to be in the "bright lights".

My point is simply if ATHS was going to sell it, with an in house capability they have to outsource it?  Give someone else a slice of the pie???  

Again, I'm not getting into the validity issue of the sale.  That ground has been plowed many times.  As I read the letter from Mrs Fox, no doubt in my mind who the  truck was given to.  As always, how much do you want to spend on legal fees.

Let's just hope one of "us" gets it and it does not end up getting stuffed into a container in  Newark  for a long voyage.

Exactly. The ATHS was in such a hurry to get this truck away from the local club but now are looking to sell it off rather soon. This was nothing more than a power play. It should have stayed with the local club and if they disbanded then the truck should have been sold to a museum or kept at any other local Club that had interest in maintaining it.  I really dont understand how HQ even got their greedy hands on it in the first place.  What bothers me is that this historic Truck gifted to the men and women of its local ATHS club was stolen and bullshitted by its own representatives at HQ.  I remember when I signed up for the ATHS bak in 2005-06. that same day I was hearing about the crap going on in HQ and just a few years later I dropped membership due to the crap that was going on with the message board. I have seen many very good people come and go because of all the issues with HQ.  All clubs have their issues but The ATHS stuff was rather on the sad side of things

I stopped visiting the Message board when a few moderators continued to edit or delete peoples posts to keep the message board inline with their agenda or at to remove fear of HQ of cutting them off. They put constant talk that HQ did not want people selling stuff online and that it would cause a drop in income. In my opinion they were so behind the times with things related to communication within the old truck community...But I will stop ranting. I quit for a reason and besides I enjoy talking with the old truck junkies on here and in the many facebook groups.

You are missing the whole point on this particular truck. It was taken by the National from the local chapter under the guise of no local chapter can own a truck, which was not the intent of the family to see it taken and sold by the National headquarters.

No, I didn't. That is why I said I wouldn't get into the specifics of this truck. My comment is about clubs owning trucks in general.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

ATHS is determined to sell the Wellington no matter what the rest of us think.   I am not pleased that Dennis is more than likely getting a cut or consulting fee for the sale.  "Maybe" it will be done pro bono?

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I think we all have a "pretty good idea" of why a certain person at HQ wanted possession and the ability to sell this truck. Since he is now long gone, why is it coming up for sale again?? And why so quietly??? and why an outside dealer without it being listed on WOT for a few issues???

Brocky

15 hours ago, j hancock said:

ATHS is determined to sell the Wellington no matter what the rest of us think.   I am not pleased that Dennis is more than likely getting a cut or consulting fee for the sale.  "Maybe" it will be done pro bono?

I talked to him once about selling my AC-6, I was told that his commission is 10 to 15% on top of the sale price.    Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

5 hours ago, mackdaddy said:
Would have preferred they ask for donations and then gift it back to the Mack Museum in Allentown. Or if there is a like in New England then send it there. But to just outright sell this truck just doesn't seem right? I want an FJ and I can afford to buy one but I would feel like I had sinned and sentenced to hell for buying this one!

Seems it should be where it can be enjoyed and appreciated by many folks. I know you would treat it right, Dan. Maybe even loan it to the Mack museum, or Keystone?

• Like 1

Has anyone asked his/her regional rep. about this? I don't agree with the manner that ATHS has treated this from the beginning, but they do deserve the chance to explain themselves.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!