The Battle of Gettysburg 2017

1958 F.W.D.

1 hour ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:
Another sloppy attempt at character assassination... Sorry, but I'm an old retired lady with no criminal record.

No. Just one with a crappy attitude that is filled with demented thoughts. I'm sure the neighborhood kids love you!!!

• Like 1

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

35 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:
In life, and particularly when engaging in truck sales in over 100 countries around the globe, I hear thousands of opinions contrary to my own.
I can fully agree with some opinions, see clear to understand the thought process of many without fully agreeing, and disagree with others.
When I'm confronted with an opinion I don't agree with, out of mutual respect, I listen to it and then [mentally] simply walk away.
Why get worked up over another person's opinion?  Life's too short. 
Giving yourself high blood pressure can lead to a heart attack. Is it worth it?

When people disagree with you and call you slurs like a "bigot", do you walk away. Not one word that I have said is bigoted, yet that is how my side of this conversation has been labeled. Others feel the same way. She's a very intelligent woman who is trying to use a typical liberal tactic to bombard a legitimate conversation with terrible adjectives to describe the people who don't agree with her. She is using the rhetoric that her party claims to despise to leverage her position in this discussion. I personally won't roll over and take it. Shame on her.

• Like 1

Ed Smith

5 hours ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Y'll clearly shopping for fake "facts" to support your bigotry... The consensus of the world's academics in the relevant fields is that the Civil War was over slavery and the confederacy started it, and climate change is real and we humans caused it.

Really?! Remember it was global cooling in the 70's and 80's but soon as the people were realizing we weren't freezing to death then it was global warming and your hero gore won a Pulitzer for spewing complete bs (remember according to him and all his koolaid drinkers the polar ice caps would be gone by 2015) and now that we're on to that bs it's been changed yet again to "climate change" sono matter what the weather does the lefties can blame everything on industry pollution and claim they're right. You always claim you believe in science so how has the world gone through multiple ice ages? Yeah you're right we should just ignore that little fact since it doesn't align with your argument. The fact is history has proven the climate is cyclical me always changing even before we were here. 

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

24 minutes ago, General Ike said:

When people disagree with you and call you slurs like a "bigot", do you walk away. Not one word that I have said is bigoted, yet that is how my side of this conversation has been labeled. Others feel the same way. She's a very intelligent woman who is trying to use a typical liberal tactic to bombard a legitimate conversation with terrible adjectives to describe the people who don't agree with her. She is using the rhetoric that her party claims to despise to leverage her position in this discussion. I personally won't roll over and take it. Shame on her.

My friend, if someone described me a bigot, I would simply exercise my freedom (ability) to walk away. Done deal.

Life's too short.

Step "out of the box" for a moment, take a deep breath, and ask yourself, "Is it really worth getting high blood pressure over?"  Well, of course it's not.

There's a measure of truth in everyone's thoughts, but no two person's thoughts are identical because we're all different (The world would be an awful dull place if we were all the same).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:
My friend, if someone described me a bigot, I would simply exercise my freedom (ability) to walk away. Done deal.
Life's too short.

You are, in all seriousness, a better man than I.

Ed Smith

On 6/26/2017 at 3:07 AM, TeamsterGrrrl said:
Y'll clearly shopping for fake "facts" to support your bigotry... The consensus of the world's academics in the relevant fields is that the Civil War was over slavery and the confederacy started it, and climate change is real and we humans caused it.

What caused the climate change before humans? Ice ages, hot spells, etc.? Shopping for fake facts works both ways.

• Like 1