The Battle of Gettysburg 2017

1958 F.W.D.

1 hour ago, other dog said:

I missed that part about denying anything, i'd better go back and re-read everything.

No you didn't miss anything, she (like all of her leftward friends) is continuing to make stuff up.  No evidence of collusion with the President and Russia.  No evidence of anyone on this board denying or minimizing slavery.  See, if enough people read her made up BS about us denying and minimizing, they'll believe it without searching out the facts.  This is what they do all the time.  In fact it's taught in Liberal Media Studies 101.

Oh check this snippet out from today... http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/23/caught-on-tape-dem-official-says-hes-glad-scalise-got-shot.html

A democrat inciting hatred and violence... Who'd a thunk it!!!

• Like 2

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

If the North was fighting to end slavery, and the South fighting to keep it, explain why the FIRST Constitutional efforts to curb slavery appeared in the Constitution of the Confederate States of America on 3/11/1861...adopted a full month before Lincoln attacked at Ft. Sumter!

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

1 hour ago, RowdyRebel said:

If the North was fighting to end slavery, and the South fighting to keep it, explain why the FIRST Constitutional efforts to curb slavery appeared in the Constitution of the Confederate States of America on 3/11/1861...adopted a full month before Lincoln attacked (and got his ass handed to him) at Ft. Sumter!

Was that the Corwin Amendment?

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

13 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Was that the Corwin Amendment?

No, it was from the Constitution of the Confederate States of America.

And WTF happened to the rest of my post? Apparently somebody has a problem with history...

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

10 hours ago, RowdyRebel said:

No, it was from the Constitution of the Confederate States of America.

And WTF happened to the rest of my post? Apparently somebody has a problem with history...

welcome to mine  and grayhairs world of selective censorship

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

19 hours ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

This all comes down to a bunch of you denying the horror of slavery and glorifying the traitorous confederacy. You talk a good talk about freedom being bought with blood, then wander off to glorify the blood shed in wars like Vietnam that accomplished nothing. My great great grandfather volunteered and served in the union army and made the ultimate sacrifice for his country... And I'm not about to forget the blood he shed for freedom, nor let you glorify the traitors who forced him to leave the safety of his family farm in Wisconsin to die fighting the traitorous confederates in Arkansas.

Confederate patriot wannabes, don't get me started...

You are even more crazy than I ever thought you could be.

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I would like to add this little fact about northeastern pa. the coal mines were just as bad if not worse than slavery . It was normal back in the 40's and 50's for your dad to die young from black lung or die under ground happened every day.  The coal companys owned you body and soul. then they got greedy and cut to close to the river and flooded the mines it was called the knox mine disaster.  The unions came to the valley it helped some and others not so much.  My girlfriend works in a union shop. the union protects the ones that should be fired.

• Like 2

or get college deferments like many liberal pussies did

Like President Trump? I never get into these, but some fruit is so low hanging you just can't pass on it.

• Like 2

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

The SPLC is a hate group. Nothing but a bunch of bigots who want to sweep ACTUAL history under the rug in favor of their own revisionist version which paints anyone THEY don't happen to agree with in a bad light.

Fact is, Lincoln's war had little to do with slavery or the abolishment of such until he realized the South might prevail if they attracted allies to aid in their fight for independence from the oppressive federal government...much the same way the Revolutionaries nearly 100 years earlier were aided in the fight for independence from the British. The proof is there IF you are willing to open your eyes. Read the historical documents from that era (as opposed to your revisionist "history" books written 100 years after the fact). Take notice that the CSA Constitution contains pretty much everything that the US Constitution said at the time...and then pay attention to the "extra" items included because those Southern states felt the need for those extra items to be included. I listed a few of them in my previous post (which i'm still scratching my head as to why they got "edited" out). Look at the tax policies in place at the time which benefited and protected northern industry while hanging Southern agriculture out to dry. I'll post this link again...a good read to get you started: http://www.emarotta.com/protective-tariffs-the-primary-cause-of-the-civil-war/

Note to the admins: I posted a link, same as last time, which is perfectly legal. Other members regularly and often like to post entire news articles, violating copyright laws, and nothing is done about that. If Teamster is correct and you're truly worried about "liability", that's where your concern should lie, NOT with original content authored by the member with an external link or two thrown in to reinforce what he's saying.

But back to my other points. If Lincoln really wanted to free the slaves, his Emancipation Proclamation would have freed the slaves he had the jurisdictional power to free. Instead, he made a point NOT to free those slaves (specifically naming certain jurisdictions where the slaves were NOT to be freed, because those areas were loyal to the Union and therefore under Lincoln's jurisdiction) and instead chose to focus only on the slaves of a nation he did not control. It was no different than (and had the same effect as) a US President telling the North Korean people they no longer have to live under a communist dictator. No jurisdiction in the matter.

NOBODY is arguing that slavery was a good thing or that it shouldn't have been terminated. What IS taking place, however, is the defense of many great men who fought and died for their country. Most of the men who died wearing gray were not slave owners and had no interest in that small part of the lead-up to the war.  Nobody is saying it didn't play ANY role, just that the role it DID play was miniscule by comparison to the real motivating factors behind the succession by the Southern states. To say the war was fought to free the slaves is an outright lie and shows the ignorance and lack of education of the person making such a claim.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, other dog said:

Absolutely- and if anyone was to read any biography of Robert E. Lee they would know that by everbody that knew him's account was that he was a fine, upstanding individual, kind and generous to others, against slavery, even picked by Abraham Lincoln himself to lead the Union- yes, the UNION army- but he turned it down because he felt his first loyalty was to Virginia. And now some want to remove his statues, like he never even existed...

Like the Statue of Sam Huston  and rename the city of Huston because Sam Huston owned... (gasp) ...   slaves.. But if she read what the event is at Gettysburg on July 1 to 3 , it is a National Park Service weekend of history (both sides) of the Battle of Gettysburg. The NPS has nothing to do with being "neo Confederates", just showing the sights and history of the events  154 years ago.

I know she won't believe it from reading her opinion of us in Caspers Transmission thread pretty much sums it up. .

TeamsterGrrrl

you guys can't get a loan on a new truck and wouldn't last through breakfast working at McDonalds or WalMart, never mind have enough discipline to make it through probation at UPS. You slept through math class so you can't work out your CPM and figure out how much money you're losing, so you can't afford to get your truck fixed properly so you bodge repairs yourselves. And instead of admitting your own failures and upping your skills for the 21st century, you blame the EPA, blacks, DOT, immigrants, Volvo, Moslems,  "liberals", Hillary, Obama, and a couple more I probably forgot for your problems

•  
Edited by 41chevy

P.T.CHESHIRE

So much revisionist history, where does one even start? There were some side issues, but every reputable academic agrees slavery was the reason for the war. As far as tariffs go, the North didn't set tariffs on exports. States can not leave the union any time they feel like it- The Declaration of Independence and Constitution are contracts, and you can't weasel out of contracts without the other parties permission. As for non slave holders fighting for the confederacy, most of them were drafted or were just plain dumb. And the leaders of the confederacy were traitors, and we ought not be honoring them with public monuments.

On 6/23/2017 at 10:11 AM, General Ike said:

I went to Gettysburg College.  Was a firefighter there my whole 4 years.  Spent a lot of time on the battlefields, during the school year studying (because they're peaceful now, how ironic) and during the summer months running EMS calls for visitors succumbing to the heat or extinguishing brush fires that threatened the National Park.  The battlefields, of which the Eisenhower Farm abuts to, are a piece of our history.  The left is trying to re-write history.  They just succeeded in removing a confederate statue in Lake Eola Park in downtown Orlando.  Destroying or desecrating any piece of a National Park or monument to our past (whether or not the past was very pretty) is NO DIFFERENT (yes I'm yelling) than what ISIS is doing to historical religious sites throughout the middle east.  The Civil War was fought over states rights and Lincoln's ego.  Slavery was only a component, yet what we are teaching our kids (the ones that are ready to destroy national monuments) is that it was all about slavery and how awful the South was.  Well kiddo's there is a good chance the war would have been fought anyway, even if slavery didn't exist.

Teamster lady.... your level of disrespect is astonishing to me.  You live in a fantasy world hiding behind a screen name.  You support a party aligned with individuals who promote violence and incite hatred.  Do conservatives smash windows, set police cars on fire, loot businesses in the neighborhoods where they live that are owned by their own neighbors, disrupt the lives of hard working people who are minding their own business, attempt to kill politicians that are practicing for a bi-partisan charity event, shame our soldiers, assassinate law enforcement officers .... the list goes on forever.  The sad thing, is that you are clearly a smart and extremely intellectual person.  You're just focused on the wrong stuff.

Thank You General for the truth and your support. We Sons of Confederate Veterans are barely more than the amount that survived that war, in Tennessee. That amount was and is today just over 2,000 people in the State of Tennessee.

• Like 1

The SPLC that Teamster is so fond of has been the inspiration for 2 terroristic shootings in the DC area over the past 5 years.

And "reputable" in who's opinion? Just because they spout the same BS as you WANT to believe doesn't make them "reputable", especially when they have their facts wrong. No different than "climate scientists" forming a "consensus" based upon forged information and fraudulent data. 30 years ago, they thought we'd be cooked off the face of the earth in 20 years...and we're supposed to believe they are credible? The left has a bad habit of altering facts to fit their agenda.

And where contract law is concerned, in every compact between two or more parties, the obligation is mutual; the failure of one of the contracting parties to perform a material part of the agreement, entirely releases the obligation of the other. There is no severability clause in the Constitution...it is an "all or nothing" deal. The Declaration of Independence is also pretty clear when it states that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute a new Government. That is exactly what was done.

• Like 1

On June 23, 2017 at 10:32 AM, eddeere said:

I came back to U.S.A. thru Oakland in 1972. Was not a good welcome home experience. There was a chain link fence keeping us apart but they still spit at us.

I wasn't alive at this time, but I'd like to say  thank you to you and everyone else the help make this country  where I want to live.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RowdyRebel said:

The SPLC that Teamster is so fond of has been the inspiration for 2 terroristic shootings in the DC area over the past 5 years

She seems to fit the SPLC criteria. for hate.  The SPLC defines hate groups as those that "... have beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people " 

Like us ignorant non union losers here?

Edited by 41chevy

P.T.CHESHIRE