13 speed Fuller

1 hour ago, Kansas farmer said:

These are a couple trucks up the road from me. Left is and 85 middle is a 76 I believe and the one on the right is from the 70's also. They run every day coast to coast. The guy that owns the one in the middle is a good friend. His truck has over 3 millions miles and has been rebuilt top to bottom twice. Must be making money or I guess he would do something else. 5cdd4a2a262b5bedda1cd198d8d0372e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long hood and no aero= 5 MPG... Could pay for a new 7MPG truck with the fuel savings alone!

If you had a newer truck you'd be out makin' money instead.

You'll never understand... It's not all about money all the time. I can afford to take a month off. And I will return to work doing what I enjoy. Can't say that about the job I left. Maybe a snowflake liberal college professor would call it a sabbatical.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yup, I understand... Some of you guys can't get a loan on a new truck and wouldn't last through breakfast working at McDonalds or WalMart, never mind have enough discipline to make it through probation at UPS. You slept through math class so you can't work out your CPM and figure out how much money you're losing, so you can't afford to get your truck fixed properly so you bodge repairs yourselves. And instead of admitting your own failures and upping your skills for the 21st century, you blame the EPA, blacks, DOT, immigrants, Volvo, Moslems,  "liberals", Hillary, Obama, and a couple more I probably forgot for your problems.

There are truckers out there buying new trucks and more new trucks, because they know how to run a business and get 8 and even 9 MPG. The railroads make your productivity look like a joke, same with the towboat and container ship companies. To them you're the "independent" dummy who will haul the load the last miles to the loading dock for peanuts, while they rake in the big bucks. And you think you're so smart... Heck, I've never owned a big truck and have probably made more money from transportation stocks than you're truck ever made with your truck, especially if you figure pay by the hour!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Long hood and no aero= 5 MPG... Could pay for a new 7MPG truck with the fuel savings alone!

Except you left out some major calculations. Cleaning the DPF filter and replacement  will eat a hole in the diesel savings. Your lucky to break even on fuel

savings after dealing with that. That is the #1 gripe even with big fleets and that maintenance is the same weather you own one or a  hundred. 

Lose the [ONE box as it's called in a Freightliner] and you just dropped 10 grand. So actually you really don't understand. My last reply on this subject.

Truck Shop

• Like 2

One ping only

4 hours ago, Truck Shop said:

Except you left out some major calculations. Cleaning the DPF filter and replacement  will eat a hole in the diesel savings. Your lucky to break even on fuel

savings after dealing with that. That is the #1 gripe even with big fleets and that maintenance is the same weather you own one or a  hundred. 

Lose the [ONE box as it's called in a Freightliner] and you just dropped 10 grand. So actually you really don't understand. My last reply on this subject.

Truck Shop

I love looking at older iron, no worries. Gets the day started right.

• Like 1