13 speed Fuller

20 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Sounds like someone is pissed that they can't figure out how to make money with an older truck.  Maybe the "Red Green's" of this world are actually pretty smart and can think for themselves.

Some of us know better than to try to make money with an old truck!

7 hours ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Sounds like you guys need to up your skills to at least late 20th century tech...

Sounds like you need to get a life and come to reality 

• Like 1

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

33 minutes ago, GreenGiant2 said:

So I have a 76 brockway tractor that I use to move my equipment.  Am I stupid cause it's old and should I go find a new truck and spend 150k and have payment.  No I don't think so. For 5000 miles or less a year it isn't worth it. My truck puts money in my pocket and is paid for. I don't have a 2000 dollar payment each month.

For 5000 local miles a year a used truck makes sense. But tearing the drivetrain apart for dubious benefit doesn't make sense.

11 minutes ago, david wild said:

Spoken by a union steering wheel holder that never had to concern themselves with the cost of running a business, easy to make comments on something you know little about. 

Very well put. My thoughts also.

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

22 minutes ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

For 5000 local miles a year a used truck makes sense. But tearing the drivetrain apart for dubious benefit doesn't make sense.

Yes it does. I built this truck from ground up. If I want to change things I can and will and if you don't like it, I don't care.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carlotpilot said:

hmmmm   the red green show ` does`nt take much to amuse some people   :)

He did build the Hillary Campaign bus pretty cheaply.

gmc-t6h-5307-n-01.jpg.384dff0a48ae8d86d832102d00739040.jpg

ac1ae620a18f639b5f6a2a68e236747c.jpg.4da47cdfc8ff50aa820714e68c92b319.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Just now, keg1 said:

This same person told me all I had was a parts truck when I was going to change trans and rears in my 85. But as was already mentioned its kind of nice getting compliments on a 30 year old truck that's still working.

image.jpeg

Take it from the sourse. They told me my Marmon is a piece of crap just by reading the word in a post. 

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

3 hours ago, Truck Shop said:

I ran this old girl for quite a few years and made money with it, never let me down no payments either. 1966 with a 64 Truck Trailer sleeper. So yes it can be done.

Truck Shop

1966 Pete.jpg

ts      does that ole gal still exist?

• Like 1