Sad offerings

Yea I know about the American  part was at m and k in summit  once while it was still chicago mack wally asked the guy for the Vin and he kept saying  "ch 613" then the guy with him had to interpret kinda like the quarries  and more yes we aref##ked soon we ll like the Indians  on a reservation just my opinion 

12 hours ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Doesn't matter who they sell Macks to, as long as they sell 'em.

thats true....but like I said... 30 or so white volvos and 1 or 2 macks on the lot.. We are seeing once very popular Mack branches continue to sell out to no name companies. In return they retain status of a Mack dealer yet there is no presence of Mack to be found.  They show case Volvos only. Even the building screams Volvo yet they are a so-called Mack dealer.

1 hour ago, mackey58 said:

Yea I know about the American  part was at m and k in summit  once while it was still chicago mack wally asked the guy for the Vin and he kept saying  "ch 613" then the guy with him had to interpret kinda like the quarries  and more yes we aref##ked soon we ll like the Indians  on a reservation just my opinion 

What really doomed Mack is isolationism- Volvo and Renault are world wide brands, Mack isn't. Thus Mack is only a tenth of Volvo's truck sales, and pretty much disposable.

2 hours ago, Ezrider said:

I hate to say it but as much as I really like my Mack, if i buy another truck, it will probably be a Paccar. I plan to keep my Mack for a long time yet though. 

Honestly, if you want a paccar you better buy one soon. Most guys I talk to with the new cabs hate them. Dash rattles, tons of electrical gremlins, cheap materialsand so on. My buddy has pieces of cardboard crammed in spaces all over the cab to help alleviate the squeaks and rattles. He also said, even with the vin number he can't get the right parts. There may be 2 or 3 or more choices and they don't know which one it is unless you have the part there. 

I really think if I didn't go Mack it'll be Western Star. 

• Like 1

KS: I like your comment about who would they turn the reins over to as all of the top management at Mack are probably Volvo guys.

Teamster: Maybe disposal would be a good thing. It would have to be someone with a nationwide distributer network like Cat Deere etc. If a deal was made some of the Mack dealerships would have to be part of the deal. Wish in one hand and cow poop in the other. :huh:

On 6/19/2017 at 11:34 AM, Dirtymilkman said:

Honestly, if you want a paccar you better buy one soon. Most guys I talk to with the new cabs hate them. Dash rattles, tons of electrical gremlins, cheap materialsand so on. My buddy has pieces of cardboard crammed in spaces all over the cab to help alleviate the squeaks and rattles. He also said, even with the vin number he can't get the right parts. There may be 2 or 3 or more choices and they don't know which one it is unless you have the part there. 

I really think if I didn't go Mack it'll be Western Star. 

I drove a 2013 pete for a min in 2012 truck had less than 5k miles on it and it already had some squeak and rattles, i agree paccar build quality has really gone down.

I do really like how the new ch's look but i think if i were to get another truck i think a 15L engine would be a requirement, im happy with the power running down the highway with my e7-460 but engine break leaves a lot to be desired and off idle tq like for getting it moving crawling out of soft ground at 100k+ i am always greater than 80k when loaded. i really don't plan on getting another truck for at least 5 years and who knows what will be offered at that time, i might even decide its time to hang it up and do something different by then. i would probably be looking at gliders if they are still offered by then. with the e-logs iv thought of getting a 99 - truck before December but everything out there im seeing looks pretty used up just put 14k into a new cam/lifters/rockers ect in this truck so i guess ill just deal with e-logs.

Now if it was possible to get a n-14/3406e,6nz shoved in a new CH I'd be drooling. 

• Like 1