Life is Short

fxfymn

The story was the headline in today's local paper. I had completely forgotten that we had another fatal golf cart crash here a few months ago. A course worker was found dead under a cart he was using to do maintenance work on the course.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Bought a new Deere "fawn" tractor recently, even though it goes only 9 MPH tops it came with a ROPS and seat belt and I use them. Neighbor thought he couldn't get into any trouble with his old Case WD with neither 3 point hitch or ROPS, he rolled it and was lucky he only wrecked his shoulder. Never ceases to amaze me the people who race around on jacked up golf carts, ATVs, and worse and are oblivious to how easily they tip over.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Bought a new Deere "fawn" tractor recently, even though it goes only 9 MPH tops it came with a ROPS and seat belt and I use them. Neighbor thought he couldn't get into any trouble with his old Case WD with neither 3 point hitch or ROPS, he rolled it and was lucky he only wrecked his shoulder. Never ceases to amaze me the people who race around on jacked up golf carts, ATVs, and worse and are oblivious to how easily they tip over.

Come to Music City and ride a bigger, longer and safer golf cart or open ATV on the streets, doing Tours of the city. It is a matter of time when the evening News will be announcing a crash, with people hurt. Everything is becoming a total Cluster, as if we needed it. 

• Like 2

On 6/13/2017 at 9:16 PM, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Zenon Hansen was badly hurt in Allentown when his lawnmower flipped.

• Like 1

Life is short. the older I get the less I appreciate some government ass wipe telling me what to do. DOT to the IRS they can all go screw themselves, cause they screwed with me all my life.

And there are 59 dead folks in GB that wish government had told the building owners what to do. There will always be some idiot who skirts the rules and puts people's lives at stake because government fails to properly regulate them. That is why we have government "telling me what to do".

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I hope you had a great time  at Macungie I am sorry I couldn't make it. Thanks for sharing the details of the accident with the group,I think it was a good reminder to all that Golf Carts can be dangerous. There were an over abundance of Golf cars in Des Moines and many where driving without regard for the own safety or that of of others. I am still in shock of his passing. This past week I have been heart broken for his family and also thinking about some of the fun he and I had in the past. RIP my Friend  

21 hours ago, VaPatentman said:
As for the events surrounding the UK fire it is sad we have the NAHB here in the US lobbying on a regular basis to relax rules and regulations that save lives. Sprinklers do save lives and light weight construction doesn't give you much time to get out.  

What about the Oakland fire this spring. The reports mentioned unpermitted construction. That fire freaked my wife out because our son goes to Berkeley.

The carts do bother me also. Maybe I should start bringing my quad and attach a copy of my handicapped placard to it!

I think a bicycle is going to start coming with me to some events.

I have also considered a Yamaha TW200, with handicapped plates.

I actually prefer to walk around the events I attend.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fxfymn said:

And there are 59 dead folks in GB that wish government had told the building owners what to do. There will always be some idiot who skirts the rules and puts people's lives at stake because government fails to properly regulate them. That is why we have government "telling me what to do".

Those 59 people made the choice to live there. They knew the age and construction of the building in which they chose to reside, as well as when it was renovated and what was done...and if not, it is because they chose not to look into it.  The government shouldn't be in the business of dictating what a private individual may or may not do with their own property, or who they may or may not allow to rent a space from them. If a building doesn't have sprinklers, it is a choice the person choosing to live there can make, and if enough people say "no way am I going to live in a tinder box, especially without sprinklers", then the owner of the building can either deal with a vacant building or make the necessary changes to make it suitable for people to choose to live there.

People need to take responsibility for their own well being, rather than rely upon the government to make decisions for them.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Very sorry to hear of the golf cart accident..

4 years ago I was in Sebring Flordia for the 12Hr race. the day of the race a group of 5 adults were riding on a golf cart made to seat 4 people. the 5th person, A middle aged man was sitting on the dash facing rearward. The driver of the golf cart made a sudden stop to avoid a race car coming into the man paddock area. 5mph tops was what the cart was going but the man lost grip and fell back wards off the cart. He hit his head on the concrete with a thump that could be heard 20 ft away where our trailer was parked. Within seconds he had blood coming from both ears and was un responsive. Local EMS that was track side for the race had made it to him within 2 mins but even with the quick response of EMS He died on his way to the hospital . I will never forget seeing how fast ones life was taken from them while doing something so innocent. last I herd no alcohol was involved he was just riding on a cart enjoying race day...

• Like 1

So sad to hear of your loss, I for one am convinced that we have a definite appointment with death and there really is no way to know when it is....and there is also no escaping it. It's the only way I can rationalize how I, and many of the people around me  survived to be at the age I'm now at (61) and have watched many of my closest friends die a much younger death. Take care and stay safe out there.