GM Character in Question. As Unprincipled as VW and FCJ?

grayhair

At the bottom of a giant corporate cesspool one can find VW and FCJ.  Devoid of management character and principle, they chose to cheat on emissions testing rather than meet the standards, or lobby for an exception, or lobby for changes to make the requirements more reasonable.   

Now, apparently, not to be outdone, it appears GM has sunk to the same level.  IMHO all three of these companies are excrement.  I cross them off my list of potentials when I need a new vehicle.  Hopefully Toyota, Ford, and Hyundai are not similarly guilty of this kind of scummy fraud.  

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/shareholder-alert-bronstein-gewirtz-grossman-141000692.html

Edited by grayhair

1 hour ago, kscarbel2 said:

GM accused in lawsuit of using VW-like defeat devices

https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/46212-diesel-car-light-truck-news/?page=5

I just read the articles in the link.  Interesting that Bosch doesn't admit to any wrongdoing but is willing to pay a $327 mil. fine.  Not something innocent parties do.  

And talk about hypocrisy.  How does an Angela Merkle square her rhetoric with the actions of some of Germany's major employers.  How about fix your own damn house?  Blowhard politician.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paris climate agreement: Angela Merkel, world leaders slam Trump

1 day ago - World leaders on Thursday condemned President Trump's decision to pull out of the Parisclimate agreement. Although the president said he is ...

Anhttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/02/merkel-blasts-trump-paris-agreement-opec-russia-warn-us-move/gela Merkel, the German Chancellor said the US stance on Paris was “extremely regrettable” and vowed to press ahead with honouring German commitments to the deal.

"This decision can't and won't stop all of us who feel a duty to protect the planet,” she said. The pastor's daughter said the accord was necessary "to preserve our Creation", and protect "Mother Earth". 

Edited by grayhair
  • Like 2

One thing with Merkle and many other EU members, they want our money but otherwise want us out of their decisions and policies. The anti American views are mainly German, because they do not like Trump. Germany and some EU members even want their own common defense forces and NATO limited in some of the EU member countries. 

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 6/8/2017 at 11:53 PM, wayne64ss said:

Being that the emissions regulations are complete bullsh*t, I fully support any company that finds a way to skirt them. More so if they get away with it. 

Wow, I think you are missing the point.  It is about playing by the rules whether or not you agree with them.  

So you're OK with a corporate culture of cheating as long as it doesn't immediately and directly affect you?  How about cheating on windshield safety glass specs? Or cheating on brake systems?  Or the seldom needed emergency exit doors on school buses?  Or the four-way flashers on your mother's car if they only work when being tested during an inspection?  Maybe you could review these other regulations and let us know which ones it would be good for vehicle manufactures to "skirt?"

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/retrieveECFR?gp=1&ty=HTML&h=L&mc=true&=PART&n=pt49.5.393#se49.5.393_161

• Like 1

VW chose a poor way to protest excessive regulation, and it's backfired badly

Boy, is that being kind. VW was greedy and like many of the rich all they were interested in is getting richer by cheating at the expense of the rest of us. I hope someone gets a tobacco type settlement against them for putting all of us at risk  for lung diseases.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!