Cops...

RowdyRebel

4 hours ago, Underdog said:

The younger generations that have grown up with cell phones and computers are more readily accepting the notion of 24/7 monitoring. A big issue for me however is people have come to rely on electronics and have lost the ability to think.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Out of likes. 57bcr  Likes this,Gregg. Al  

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

wow, way to be a jerk and spoil your day, at least you got a clean inspection out of the deal. i thought for sure i was going to get nailed the other day, coming down a short downhill immediately followed by a uphill grade, i let er roll a little bit right at the bottom of the hill as i met him i realized the pickup i thought was a construction pickup was a cop. looked at my speed-o was at 75 in a 62, saw his break lights come on was surprised he didn't turn around. 

i also hear ya on the truck just a little too new, mine is a 99 build date 2000 m-y not exempt, had i known about the elog mandate when i bought the truck i would have gotten a 99 instead. at the time i was just focused on getting pre-egr. i would buy a different truck now but i have a lot put into this one already. i guess we will try the e-logs for a little bit and if it doesn't work out get out or buy a older truck. part of the year i do short haul work that wont be affected either way but the other part of the year i have no way around e-logs without a different truck. 

1 hour ago, fxfymn said:

When I was on the job I had over 40 work phone numbers memorized; every station and work location, now with speed dial I don't even know my own kid's number.

And it's almost a carnival trick to do simple math in your head. 

Yep, I didn't remember that many, but it was a lot- friends, family, work- some I still remember from when I was a kid, and now I have to think a second to remember my own.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Glad I'm not the ONLY one that has happened to. I used to know every phone # I needed, too, back when I had to rotary dial 'em at my parents or grandparents home. (My family held off on the whole touch tone thing as long as the phone company let them...our first push-button phone made the clicks, sending the same pulses up the line as a rotary. Always fun after cub scouts...mom was a den mother...when a kid would have to use the phone to call and be picked up. They'd stare at that dial and couldn't figure out how to dial...but I digress...)

Got my first cell phone back in '01, and haven't been able to remember a phone number since then. Hell, I don't even know my WIFE'S phone number without having to look it up...

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

My g/f still has the ORIGINAL rotary phone in the dining room from her parents.  I bought her a cordless phone!  She was like WOW....this is cool.  I'm like ya, you can actually sit in the living room on the couch and talk on the phone instead of standing in the corner of the dining room.

I do remember my phone number from house growing up.  That's about it. 

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

i remember as a young teenager trying to talk to girlfreinds on the one phone in the house living room....and my whole family sitting there staring at me....awkward.lol...we still have a few dial jobs around here....none of them hooked up,,,2 of them are collectable mickey mouse phones...bob

On 5/28/2017 at 8:37 AM, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Fortune Worldwide 500, transportation companies: http://fortune.com/global500/list/filtered?sector=Transportation

Not a single one in the top 100, and not a single trucking only company made the top 500. Even the biggest trucking company has less bargaining power than at least 500 companies, so the trucking industry has little bargaining power in relation to their big corporate customers. And the little guys with one truck or a small fleet? The big corporations have you all fighting with each other for money losing hauls while the CEOs buy million dollar Ferraris while you work hundred hour weeks trying to eke out a living with decades old trucks!

Ah yes, Comrade, soon the revolution will come. We will rise up and crush the bourgeoise .... everyone will drive 55mph, haul precisely 79,999lbs and own a Dacha with corn that grows 16 feet tall. It will be paradise I say! PARADISE! . . . 

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

Actually, my message was pretty capitalist: Unlike railroads where just 7 dominate the North American market or container ships where a handful of companies dominate the market and can maintain profit margins, trucking is highly competitive resulting in low margins for even the most successful companies. BTW, as a practicing capitalist, I own stock in several of these companies across multiple modes.

My response will probably get booed but here goes.  Elogs are here folks like them or not. Since the trucking industry can't regulate itself the government must. Take co's like Beam bros or my former employer, Tim you till you drop or don't pay you if you don't. Companies like that are gonna have to change how they do business or quit. No different with the speed limiter mandate. These co's are putting poorly trained drivers on the road who can't drive and go out and kill. You read it every day. In cab cameras, to monitor distracted driving. Another thing you read every day.  According to the government we can't take care of ourselves so they do it for us.  From what I see of this current generation of drivers it's no wonder. We as a industry did to ourselves.  It's a shame but it's the cold hard truth. Honestly I see the loophole with short haul closing also.

• Like 1