New Mack for the fall

This whole volvo thing with not offering a Mack (or for that matter their own self) with a standard Big HP north American engine to be used in a Heavy Duty on/off road Truck is pure ignorance.  Name one other truck MFG that builds more extreme service duty chassis and then chokes it with poor engine power options.  Even if the big HP was offered as a out side vendor engine it would still make more sense to offer it up as a option to those who demand it rather than send that customer away looking at a different truck MFG.  It is pretty obvious to me that a truck with more options becomes more appealing to a buyer.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I was measuring the CHU this afternoon after I greased it and just changing the cowl to meet the hood will gain 10 plus inches. That should be close to enough to get a X-15 in there along with some A-pillar mounted mirrors. 

• 3 weeks later...

All and all it looks as good or better than the competition. I like it. It does look Mack rugged. Looks better than Cascadia, Prostar and KW. On par with Pete and WS 5400.

I think the day cab would make a mean looking construction truck (dump truck). A little Cat like but better. I see they are still offering Mack manuals, Allison and vendor

rears and suspensions. I wonder if they are still going to offer the Pinnacle axle back. It is good that it has a new name.  Being that we will never see the R or Superliner

again this is not bad. :thumb:

Edited by james j neiweem
  • Like 2