Sign in to follow this  
John R. Thomas

We need tech support

I am a long time member of the Milwaukee Fire Historical Society.  We own several fire trucks to include shop built, Peter Pirsch and a 49 Mack model B open cab pumper. It is currently in a local body shop.

It will need a complete rewiring.  I owned a 55 Peter Pirsch pumper for 10 years.  Compared to a commercial truck / car, the wiring was straight forward / simple.

Where does one obtain wiring diagrams?  Board members directly responsible may also inquire.  Assistance is appreciated.

j hancock    8,491

B's started in 1953.  Maybe an L model?

Here is a pdf of a commercial B wiring diagram.  The link will get you there.  Obviously there will be some fire only wiring that will be specific to your truck vs. a commercial chassis.

41chevy    7,620
43 minutes ago, John R. Thomas said:

I am a long time member of the Milwaukee Fire Historical Society.  We own several fire trucks to include shop built, Peter Pirsch and a 49 Mack model B open cab pumper. It is currently in a local body shop.

It will need a complete rewiring.  I owned a 55 Peter Pirsch pumper for 10 years.  Compared to a commercial truck / car, the wiring was straight forward / simple.

Where does one obtain wiring diagrams?  Board members directly responsible may also inquire.  Assistance is appreciated.

Go into the BMT WIKI section (enter through the "BMT WIKI Button" on the header.) You'll find B model wiring diagrams in the  Antique & Classic Mack Info  section

Edited by 41chevy