Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
other dog

Pictures of the Week

Recommended Posts

I get to Chester WV at least twice a week but that ass doesn't look familiar. Do you ever notice the two Brockways on the right as you;re goinh west on 30 over the bridge? Someday when I have time to kill I'll walk from the Sonoco and check them out and pics of course. Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, smorse54 said:

I get to Chester WV at least twice a week but that ass doesn't look familiar. Do you ever notice the two Brockways on the right as you;re goinh west on 30 over the bridge? Someday when I have time to kill I'll walk from the Sonoco and check them out and pics of course. Steve

Yes, i've seen them sitting over there. I go to Metsch Refractories about every other week, they're on rt. 2 right across from the Fun Cafe. The girl with the nice ass gets to work about 8:20 am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always liked early Falcons.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, terry said:

love them nova's got out of army Dec. of 69 and bought a brand new 70 nova, S.S. with 396 and 4 spd, bucket seats, was quite the runner, wish i had it now!!     terry:D

Oh man, mine was a 350 Rally Nova, it ran good in stock form, but I put a set of 327/300 heads, mild cam, headers, Edelbrock intake, 780CFM Holley carb,  Accel ignition, 'lectric fuel pump- the usual stuff- Then it ran great! It came with a three speed in the floor, but I bought an M-22 Muncie 4 speed and put it in, with a Hurst  Competition Plus shifter!

But i'd bet a big block Nova was the cat's ass!

Wishing we had it now... I had the '72 Nova, a '68 Camaro, a '70 Chevelle SS, and more, but if i'd put just those three in the deep freeze, i'd be retired now!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember I gave $200 for that M22 Muncie, that was in 1974 or '75, and that was big money then- but I wonder what would it be worth today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a 71 Nova 250 six cyl not much of a runner but still a nice car. Guy bought it put a v8 in it and wrapped it around a telephone pole

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, j hancock said:

Always liked early Falcons.

the one pictured has a 63 grill in it. could be a 63, or an older one with the 63 grill pit in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

$3500 to $4200 for a good used one, more depending if you're looking for a correct date coded case for a resto. Hell a good case alone averages $900.

Had a 64 Nova   SS with factory AC and a dealer installed 283.I bought in California in 1971 to drive home to NY when I was discharged. Also had a 63 Impala SS 327  factory 4 speed, a 65 Impala SS 396 Factory 4 speed, a 66 Caprice with a 396  automatic, a 70 Monte Carlo 454 factory 4 speed and a 74 El Camino 454 factory 4 speed. I sold the Monte and the Camino two years ago in Atlantic City. Do have a 3/4 completed 65 Nova with a worked 500 Caddy and a 700R in it, but that's my wife's so she can hunt 5.0 Mustangs .

Holy hamburgers Batman!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

$3500 to $4200 for a good used one, more depending if you're looking for a correct date coded case for a resto. Hell a good case alone averages $900.

Had a 64 Nova   SS with factory AC and a dealer installed 283.I bought in California in 1971 to drive home to NY when I was discharged. Also had a 63 Impala SS 327  factory 4 speed, a 65 Impala SS 396 Factory 4 speed, a 66 Caprice with a 396  automatic, a 70 Monte Carlo 454 factory 4 speed and a 74 El Camino 454 factory 4 speed. I sold the Monte and the Camino two years ago in Atlantic City. Do have a 3/4 completed 65 Nova with a worked 500 Caddy and a 700R in it, but that's my wife's so she can hunt 5.0 Mustangs .

You mentioned that 65 impala, I also had a 65 S.S. 396 with a 4spd,and a bench seat, don't know if the bench seat was uncommon or not.    terry:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, terry said:

You mentioned that 65 impala, I also had a 65 S.S. 396 with a 4spd,and a bench seat, don't know if the bench seat was uncommon or not.    terry:D

I've only seen a few with the bench seat and a lunch box size console for the shifter like the 61 to 65 Biscayne's had. Kind of rare.

53 minutes ago, other dog said:

Holy hamburgers Batman!

 

Run with most anything on the roads in the mid 70's and cheap on insurance. My 63 I built into a low rider(pre popular)  before I sold it in 1978. Two things with buying these cars. 1-  during the gas shortage in the early 70's, I was buying most of these for pennies on the dollar. 2- my wife and i were pulling in a few thousand a week running our Mariino's Ices Funnycar and a pair of 71 Challengers in pro stock and super stock. So we had money to piss away so to speak. The Challengers, Monte, El Camino and the 71 Duster we only auctioned off in last two years. The Challengers both had about 17 or 1800 miles on them from only racing. The funnycar (less the engine) we gave to Garlits for what ever he wants to do with.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2017 at 5:38 PM, keg1 said:

I had a 71 Nova 250 six cyl not much of a runner but still a nice car. Guy bought it put a v8 in it and wrapped it around a telephone pole

The '68 Camaro I had had a 250  in it- apparently they were pretty bullet-proof engines!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in 77 i had a 66 chevelle with a 250 and M22 trans and 4.10 posi rear.. 3 two barrels, hot cam, and headers on it. used to run consistent 13.3 second quarter miles on wide street tires.

ended up trading it for a 64 bananacuda with a 273/275 hp and 4 speed.....that i snapped the crank on 6 months later and lost control of and wrecked when the flywheel took off and riped out the brake lines at 80 MPH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice shots tom thanks....just saw this....not on here much in nice weather too many projects going around here....could deal with that road runner falcon DM   and your swap meet hand.:thumb:..lol.bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2017 at 7:18 PM, 41chevy said:

a 70 Monte Carlo 454 factory 4 speed and a 74 El Camino 454 factory 4 speed. I sold the Monte and the Camino two years ago in Atlantic City.

You sold the two low-gas-mileage machines.  I had a '73 Vette, 454, 4 speed.  The good news was that t would go 110 mph in 3rd and still push you back in the seat when you put it in 4th.  The bad news was the 10 mpg while you were just tooling around town.  Fast as it was, it was no match for my '72 Pontiac Ventura sleeper with a worked over 428, bored .040 over, Crane cam, Hookers, etc.  That thing also got lousy mileage due to the cam and the special HO Q-jet with the "beer-can" secondaries.  Or maybe just due to the swept volume and heavy foot situation.   :D

Edited by grayhair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, grayhair said:

You sold the two low-gas-mileage machines.  I had a '73 Vette, 454, 4 speed.  The good news was that t would go 110 mph in 3rd and still push you back in the seat when you put it in 4th.  The bad news was the 10 mpg while you were just tooling around town.  Fast as it was, it was no match for my '72 Pontiac Ventura sleeper with a worked over 428, bored .040 over, Crane cam, Hookers, etc.  That thing also got lousy mileage due to the cam and the special HO Q-jet with the "beer-can" secondaries.  Or maybe just due to the swept volume and heavy foot situation.   :D

sounds like my 66 7 Litre 4 speed convertible. 

idles at 15 MPH in first gear. 

it also will smoke the tires when power shifting into 4th at 110.

fastest i had it was 168, but it had room to go faster. 

Edited by tjc transport
fix autocorrect spelling mistakes
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2017 at 8:30 PM, tjc transport said:

in 77 i had a 66 chevelle with a 250 and M22 trans and 4.10 posi rear.. 3 two barrels, hot cam, and headers on it. used to run consistent 13.3 second quarter miles on wide street tires.

ended up trading it for a 64 bananacuda with a 273/275 hp and 4 speed.....that i snapped the crank on 6 months later and lost control of and wrecked when the flywheel took off and riped out the brake lines at 80 MPH.

Like the 6 = 8. My 55 right now has  GMC 302 six in it right now, bored out to 320 with an antique Wayne 12 port head with Agons.. Fun car! If I lose it's "you only beat my 6 cylinder when I win They're embarrassed because they lost to a six cylinder truck engine. I've run small blocks, big blocks and even a blown big block, this is the most fun engine it the 46 years I've had the chevy.

My cousin raced a 64 vette with a 292 / Torqueflite in it.in on of the lower gas classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like wide suspenders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Embarrassing foreign crap just spotted that one that's hilarious that's what I think about my Volvo I'm forced to drive on the job I'll have to use that one embarrassing foreign crap love it...bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...