Truck Shop

Wheel lift toter

34 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, david wild said:

What method do you use to preplot your holes

With the suspension removed I map all holes-both sides on paper. All hole piloting is done off of the front suspension mounts and squared from that point both sides.

The distance between mounts is normally 52" for axle spacing. So all four front hangers for both axles are marked and holes centered first. Then all other mounting

holes can be centered from that central point.  I had to slightly re-ream six holes out of 68 holes on mount up.

Truck Shop 

1 minute ago, Hobert62 said:

Is that Pete air ride?

No that's Reyco 102AR. actually Reyco was the first with the low spring air ride I believe. Pretty simple and pretty tough. One big reason I bought this truck was the rear suspension.

I like KW's but I don't care for the 8 bag suspension. Rough ride and more places to leak air.

Truck Shop

1 person likes this

What did you use to drill your holes I have drilled a couple and always end up fighting it.

6 hours ago, thomastractorsvc said:

What did you use to drill your holes I have drilled a couple and always end up fighting it.

I use 1/4 pilot drills for drilling stainless then follow up with Car Reamers, first 3/8 then 1/2 then 5/8 last any holes 3/4

Truck Shop

rmb1.jpg

A good reamer is worth it's price.     I used a 5/8" for my frame, and with a pilot hole and a little cutting oil it goes through like butter.