Pictures of the Week

other dog

I have stopped at the place in your first old trucks picture.Exit 233 Palatine Ark. A neat guy and has several more vehicles in his buildings, ex crop duster pilot and mechanic, has a 49 Ford F-1 which his parents brought him home for the hospital in as a newborn.. Several firetrucks

Edited by Brocky

Brocky

On 4/23/2017 at 8:21 AM, other dog said:

A hand full of lava rocks. I think they just use them for landscaping, but they seem to be real popular.

DSCN8725.JPG.678e42dbe92b7f1551eb2c8b3108209f.JPG

My Ol' Man used them in his propane bbq grill. l still have a couple coffee cans full of them. They worked real good for what l remember......  Hippy

3 hours ago, HarryS said:

Looks like a fun trip, so much to see you can't do it all. How does the weight of those lava rocks compare?

The weight of the pallets vary some, they weigh each pallet and write the weight on the plastic with a sharpie. This load was 26 pallets and the total weight was not quite 47,000 lbs. This should have been a C.H.Robinson load, because it was definitely "cheap and heavy." The load going out paid good, about $3600 to the truck, the lava rock only paid a little over a dollar a mile. Should have left them out there and deadheaded to Blytheville and gotten a good load, would have paid about the same.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

FWD

The fire truck man is Gerald Burns, shop address is Palatine Ark and he lives nearby. About 12-15 years ago I saw his garage door open and parked on the shoulder and climbed the fence, Spent about an hour visiting with him. I cannot remember his email address, as I lost it in a puter crash, but part of it is roundengineman@???

He also has a 41 Ford / Buffalo that was stationed at Stewart Field in Newburg NY during the war. and the day I was there he was restoring an 30's Ahrens Fox for someone.

Do you have a member listing for the fire truck club? Am pretty sure he is a member..

Hope this helps

Brocky

On 4/23/2017 at 8:21 AM, other dog said:

DSCN8700.JPG.fd4f4f5e95a807376fdf752a113f0633.JPG

How did you get to North Korea?

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

59 minutes ago, BillyT said:

I loved running the southwest! OD on more than one occasion I have dh out of Florida and picked up in central. Ga. Literally paid twice as much! Is that little Cabover a Ford?

Yes a 41 to 47 some people call it a waterfall grille but the Aussies call it a jailbar grill

• Like 1

Brocky