Pictures of the Week

other dog

14 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Chatted with OD little earlier tonight by  text message. He was about an hour short of Amarillo. He's testing out local barbeque and bought some bottles of sauce to bring home and conduct scientific testing with. He also promises lots of women-in-car I mean scenic landscape pictures. He did get a return load lined up already- Albequerque to Hagerstown Md. 

I've only seen a few wimmins in cars, they've all been going too fast to get a picture.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I sampled this BBQ sauce and bought a couple of bottles. It was good, but nothing spectacular. Because there are so many different brands of barbecue sauce now- they're all pretty much the same, except for some slight differences. 

0415171907a95331352.jpg.0d2768414a65c60024906bcf93bb1935.jpg

• Like 2

I took a lot of pictures, but unfortunately my camera says "battery exhausted". So, I won't be able to take any more.  I used it up when I set it on "burst" when I was passing by the truck bone yard in Moriarty that Brocky was talking about. I just held the button down all the way by there.

Here's a few crappy pictures that I took with my phone- it's a great phone, not so much as a camera. It's an old Motorola flip phone.

Entering New Mexico-

0416170805a95267450.jpg.5b4d37a316895073ac91160c7c2f57dc.jpg

Sun coming up this morning-

0418170619b95216488.jpg.e1c431e39634962ae6419d9a972197fd.jpg

Something or other-

0418170628a95214692.jpg.5dd9551e6a94d3d665f7a410ccfb5301.jpg

I unloaded yesterday morning in Bernalillo and went about 20 miles south to pick up the load going to Hagerstown. I was in position to get loaded and they said the load was cancelled- Ain't this a bitch! So I pulled out in the street and sat there about 5 1/2 hours until they found another load- loading right there at the same place. This one is going to Columbus, so that will put me right over close to Sharon or Pittsburgh so I can get a load of coils Thursday or Friday and get back to Lynchburg. I'm someplace in Missouri now- I only got to Tucumcari last night, but I covered some ground today, about 740 miles. I'm in St. Robert,Missouri, that's where i'm is.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 66dc75 said:

Always wanted to go to the Big Texan. My kid went for a roadtrip from Boston to Phoenix with his friend and texted me a photo of his steak at the Big Texan. 

Rotten kid.........

Me too, that's where I was hoping to get to. I've passed by before but never stopped, but this time I was gonna do it. I made it to the 66 mile marker in Tn. Friday night, and Amarillo looked doable on the map, but the seam in the atlas must have thrown off my eye-balling calculations. I ran 731 miles Saturday and was still an hour away. I could have gotten there Monday night, but it would have been about 9:30 pm and I was hot and tired and needed a shower so I just stopped in Tucumcari. Went to a Quality Inn there and there was no restaurant close by. I ended up calling Pizza Hut delivery, got a thin medium pizza and a bottle of water-$21 and some change! Ain't this a bitch again!.. way out here and instead of getting a nice steak for that kind of money, I get a Pizza Hut pizza like you can get anywhere.

27 minutes ago, other dog said:

Me too, that's where I was hoping to get to. I've passed by before but never stopped, but this time I was gonna do it. I made it to the 66 mile marker in Tn. Friday night, and Amarillo looked doable on the map, but the seam in the atlas must have thrown off my eye-balling calculations. I ran 731 miles Saturday and was still an hour away. I could have gotten there Monday night, but it would have been about 9:30 pm and I was hot and tired and needed a shower so I just stopped in Tucumcari. Went to a Quality Inn there and there was no restaurant close by. I ended up calling Pizza Hut delivery, got a thin medium pizza and a bottle of water-$21 and some change! Ain't this a bitch again!.. way out here and instead of getting a nice steak for that kind of money, I get a Pizza Hut pizza like you can get anywhere.

When it comes to Pizza Hut I'd rather eat the box it came in than the pizza. Sorry to hear of your unfortunate dinner event.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 66dc75 said:

When it comes to Pizza Hut I'd rather eat the box it came in than the pizza. Sorry to hear of your unfortunate dinner event.

Yeah, $25 I gave the girl that brought the pizza, and I only ate half of it. 

OD,find a load yet? Eastbound flatbed freight outta' the southwest tends to be cheap! Sometimes better to load part way back and do it again!...or grab a partial to get you to the nearest major city, sitting costs money! Good luck!

OD,you lucked out with the Columbus! I've been past the "Big Texan" a few times, never stopped, the Big steak as I recall used to cost about 40 bucks if you couldn't finish it in time the main problem is you have to eat the"fixens" potatoes salad etc! Do they still have billboards advertising "The Thing" was a tourist attraction in New Mexico, they had signs on every major highway heading toward it's location! Used to be 5 bucks to look at it!.A couple of drivers told me it was a monster looking fossil, obviously man made! Pretty good marketing scheme though! You see enough signs, your curiosity is aroused, I'm just too stubborn and cheap to pay 5bucks to look at some b.s. attraction!

OD,find a load yet? Eastbound flatbed freight outta' the southwest tends to be cheap! Sometimes better to load part way back and do it again!...or grab a partial to get you to the nearest major city, sitting costs money! Good luck! OD ,I just googled " The Thing" is in Arizona on I 10, I thought It was on I40, in NM! 

On 4/20/2017 at 11:09 AM, BillyT said:

OD,find a load yet? Eastbound flatbed freight outta' the southwest tends to be cheap! Sometimes better to load part way back and do it again!...or grab a partial to get you to the nearest major city, sitting costs money! Good luck! OD ,I just googled " The Thing" is in Arizona on I 10, I thought It was on I40, in NM! 

Yeah, I loaded in Albuquerque going to Columbus, Oh,  then out of Follansbee, W.V. right back to Madison Heights, Va.  Madison Heights is right across the James River from Lynchburg, and it's also the crime capital of central Va.-It might be the crime capital of the world, I don't know.  The load going out paid good, It was over $3600 to the truck, but the load to Columbus did not pay all that good- a little over $1600 to the truck, and it was 1500 miles.