Sign in to follow this  
Kjriedl

2007 Mack granite with E7 any thoughts?

Thinking about buying a 2007 Mack granite with 137k miles it has an E7. Any thoughts?

What e7  ?   I have a 2006 granite with an ai 460 . If you like no power and poor mpgs this is the engine for you.

• Like 1

Better have 4.42 or 4.64 rears and the engine needs to be a AMI370 , AI427 or AI460 before I would even look at it. . Performance  even at 460 HP is OK but not great I guess.  As far as MPG . 5.3 average is the best I have ever seen but 4.3 to 4.9 is what I see most. Most of my friends are slowly upgrading to GU MP-8's  in the last couple of years and are very happy. Amazing what a  100 extra cubic inches does. 

• Like 1

Mark pro is right on the mpgs I was getting low 4s before I upgraded to stage 2 injectors, bigger turbo, area diesel module and 5 inch exhaust . Now I get high 5s . Power is a lot better but I was expecting more from a 460.