Cummins big bore

Will a Cummins big bore 15+ liter fit in any mack truck such as granite or CH axle forward. If not how much needs to be done to make it so. Every other manufacturer has models that can

fit this engine. Seems like the Mack modification center could do this without to much hassle.:)

I think the ch and granite are to short in the front . they'd need to add 6 inches or so to the hood length . Mack told me the mp8 has enough power for 95 percent of jobs. I doubt they'll make a new truck that a cummins 15L will fit into.if they were going to do that they'd of kept making Titans.  

I don't think they ever made a CL633 . in 03 they decided to only offer CL's with cummins isx engines I think they only offered it in 733 with either a heavy 3/8 single frame or double frames. of coarse they never made it with a set forward axle. you couldn't get sleepers even on the CL the last 4 or 5 years of production. they stopped making it in 07 then the titan came out in 09. I'm guessing they figured they didn't need the CL and the Titan. 

So why did they stop building the CL, there is no good reason. Volvo did not want to build it, it did not have Volvo frame and other parts. GU713 and GU813 can replace CL713, but not a CL733 or CL753. Open the hood on a GU, no room for a for a Cummins ISX. Volvo does not want to sell a Mack with a Cummins ISX, get over it.

4 hours ago, TS7 said:

So why did they stop building the CL, there is no good reason. Volvo did not want to build it, it did not have Volvo frame and other parts. GU713 and GU813 can replace CL713, but not a CL733 or CL753. Open the hood on a GU, no room for a for a Cummins ISX. Volvo does not want to sell a Mack with a Cummins ISX, get over it.

I'll tell you the truth,we priced out a GU713 505 13-speed mdrive HD long wheelbase chassis. They want more money than a KW W900 with a 600 Cummins. The Granite cost more money than the last Titan we bought in 2015. Needless to say, you'd have to be a fool to buy the Granite . 

• Like 1

I too priced out new trucks; it was a CHU; they are higher than peterbilts 367,&567's

imo the Chu should be cheaper; they havnt changed much; Volvo doesn't care if they sell macks; only reason Mack sales is there loyal customers & I see a lot of that changing 

• Like 2