Virginia trucking company faces $40 million FMCSA indictment

kscarbel2

There was a Federal indictment against them in 2013 at their Crawford Pa Facility for the same thing and the Feds shut them down. Yet they still get the same Fed contracts in a different state. .

https://www.gobytrucknews.com/federal-raid-on-mount-crawford-trucking-company-for-too-long-hours

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I worked for a us mail contractor before deregulation 1975, at that time each run was assigned so many hours to complete usually a more than reasonable time! You had to be paid at least postal scale + whatever the cost of benefits was (about two dollars an hrs at the time) this was to prevent contractors from paying low wages and encouraging the postal service to hire contractors instead of union employees! The company Waite Inc was running worn out equipment and preparing to go out of business! So I broke down several times but never got paid for " down time" There was probably something in the contract providing breakdown pay but I was never told about it!

The trucking industry by its very nature  has always attracted the most unethical businesspersons and always will! Any of you older members remember Midwestern Distribution out of Ft Scott Kansas, or North American Van Lines "New Products" Division? They basically invented and refined the concept of " lease.purchase" to the detriment of the lessor of course!

21 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

Life's gonna be miserable around there. However, they are still in operation.

Nah, they still has 5 more eastern terminals to operate from. The sheer amount of Federal "issues" they have beaten over the past 15 years would make the Teflon Don or Hillary  jealous..

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 hour ago, BillyT said:

I worked for a us mail contractor before deregulation 1975, at that time each run was assigned so many hours to complete usually a more than reasonable time! You had to be paid at least postal scale + whatever the cost of benefits was (about two dollars an hrs at the time) this was to prevent contractors from paying low wages and encouraging the postal service to hire contractors instead of union employees! The company Waite Inc was running worn out equipment and preparing to go out of business! So I broke down several times but never got paid for " down time" There was probably something in the contract providing breakdown pay but I was never told about it!

The trucking industry by its very nature  has always attracted the most unethical businesspersons and always will! Any of you older members remember Midwestern Distribution out of Ft Scott Kansas, or North American Van Lines "New Products" Division? They basically invented and refined the concept of " lease.purchase" to the detriment of the lessor of course!

bill     you said a mouthfull there   i never was involved with either but was very familiar with their shenanigans       do you remember elbar and crowbar  out of horizon city texas

Edited by carlotpilot