CH ambient air temp sensor

07cl733

Hopefully someone can help. I have a forward axle 2000 CH613 with an e-tech 460. It gives a 1-4 MID: 128PID: 171 FMI:  Ambient temperature sensor: Current low or open circuit error. Sounds straight forward enough however, neither the dealership, nor I, can locate the sensor or harness. There are holes in the front cross member for it but no bracket. The mechanic said it must exist because it will intermittently flash 79 degrees on his computer. Also, when he unhooked his computer and I went to start the truck it took a great deal of cranking to start it and the throttle was very erratic. It got better as i drove back to the yard and I thought is was ok. I went to start it a couple days later and the same thing happened. any thoughts on either problem would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also had a similar one, but at home, the ambient air temperature sensor did not work properly, then did not work completely. I did not want to do it myself, I had little experience in it and no time, work, home, family, and so on every day. Found the ad service air conditioning installation engineers, came quickly, fixed it, they have already brought their sensors new. Not sure, but write them a letter and share some useful information. Have a good trip, take care.