2005 Mack cx613 Engine Rebuild

JHTrucking

If you plan on keeping it yes. How many miles are on the engine? What's your oil usage? But I would first find out the reason for over heating. Pull the screen out out the "Y" pipe and pull the water pump off and check the water pump housing for putting . Have radiator cleaned and check fan clutch operation. Is it a air fan or electric viscous? 

2 quarts a week= $6.00 oil,  Overhaul =$10,000-15,000 dollars, don't know how many miles you run a week, but that's not much oil.  I had a 2005 AC427 that used 2 quarts  of oil a week at about the same mileage  and sold it at 1285000 miles on it and it uses about 4 quarts a week, had no other problems with the motor and I figured oil is a lot cheaper.  It ran about 2500 miles a week.    The guy that bought it now has 1375000 miles on it and still runs good.  We did drop the pan and put rod and main bearings in it at 750000 miles. Like Pro said, find the heating problem.  We had the electric controlled fan on ours and it started heating up and the fan was not kicking in.  When it is running hot you should be able to hear the fan kick it.

• 2 weeks later...