Brian Muller

Need a wheel rim for 1946 Mack E Type 45 Fire Truck

Ok folks need help.  I have a 1946 Mack E, type 45 Pumper.  I need a dayton style tube wheel rim.  The tire says it is 7.00 x 20.  So I found a 7.00 x 20 rim. it's to wide.  Measuring the old rim it is 5 inches wide.  Any Ideas where to find one. used is ok.  I have all the books from Mack Muesium and and order/spec sheet from '46.  Those numbers are no help.  UGH!

That should not be too hard to find. Put an ad in the classifieds on this site and post a picture of what you need.

I think I might have one out behind the shed, but the cost to get it to you would be silly.

• Like 1

fxfymn,  I have had three opportunities not work out. So I am willing to try anything.  I cannot drive it so I must get a replacement.

Wheel 4.jpg

Wheel 1.jpg

I need a wheel rim, Dayton style 5.00x20.  Not the split rim style. Lock ring style please.  Split rim has split across the rim. Photos attached.

Wheel 6.jpeg

Wheel 5.jpg

Wheel 4.jpg

Wheel 2.jpg

I'm out of town right now. I'll look when I get home.

Also, contact Matt Pfahl, he advertises here, to see what he has.

I can get rims from a 1940 Mack EES. I believe there are 2 still on the truck but I did not look at the size of the tires. 

DSCF2896 (2).JPG