1999 vs 2001

ivanuke

Question

Hello Guys, I have a 2001 Mack CH613 dump truck 10 speed with E7 E-tech 350, I recently purchased a 1999 Mack CH613 with a E7 427 and a 10 speed from Iron planet for $5,500 that needs some work. Are these two trucks pretty much identical except for the interior? Are the ECMs the same? I'm am building a maintenance database because I plan to purchase more trucks and want to keep them all the same. I was originally only going for the 2001-2007 CH613, but I couldnt pass up the deal on the 1999 CH613, but I am wondering if they will be completely different in terms of parts and electronics. 

Thanks for your time!

1 answer to this question

Engine ECM's should be the same.  ECM location  and engine harness could be different as the 2001 might be the LSR ( Left Side Redesign)  where the engine ECM is mounted on the left side of engine up high on the intake manifold. The 1999 should have the ECM mounted down low on the right hand side.  You gotta watch as some time in 2002 the CCRS  ETECH came out and used different ECM part # and EUP's and injectors were different.  However they looked almost the same.  I have seen 2002's that have the early ETECH and some that had the CCRS engine.  We gotta 1999 CL in the shop now that someone put CCRS cylinder heads on  and now  getting fuel in the coolant. The CCRS heads have no fuel return passages because the CCRS injectors dont return fuenl.  By using  the ETECH injectors  in the CCRS heads the return fuel has no place to go except past the injector cups into the coolant passages. Just because they look the same dont mean it will work. 

• Like 1